If you are planning to visit Armenia in 2023, it’s important to know about the Armenia visa process. The visa requirements for Armenia may vary depending on your nationality, purpose of visit, and length of your stay. In this article, we will guide you through the Armenia visa process for 2023, including the types of visas available, the application process, and the documents required. By following this guide, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free visa application process for your trip to Armenia in 2023. Armenia is a small country in the Caucasus region that is known for its rich history, stunning landscapes, and vibrant culture.
Who must require an Armenia Visa?
Most foreign nationals require a visa to enter Armenia, with a few exceptions. Citizens of certain countries are allowed to enter Armenia without a visa for a short period of time, typically ranging from 21 to 180 days depending on the nationality.
Citizens of the following mentioned countries are eligible to visit and stay in Armenia without a visa for up to 180 days;
- A Member State of the EU
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City
Citizens of the following mentioned countries are eligible to enjoy the Armenia visa-on-arrival policy;
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Brunei Darussalam
- Chinese Taipei
- Costa Rica
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- North Macedonia
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Christopher and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Trinidad and Tobago
Citizens of the following mentioned countries must need a sponsor along with the visa before applying for an Armenia Visa;
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- The Central African Republic
- Comoros Islands
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Equatorial Guinea
- Eswatini (Swaziland)
- The Gambia
- Saint Helen’s Island
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
Requirements to apply for Armenia eVisa
The requirements for applying for an Armenian eVisa, which is a similar online visa application process.
To apply for an Armenian eVisa, you will need the following:
- Valid passport: Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Armenia.
- Photo: You will need to upload a recent passport-style photo in JPEG format.
- Travel itinerary: You will need to provide details of your travel itinerary, including your dates of arrival and departure, accommodation, and the purpose of your visit.
- Email address: You will need a valid email address to receive your eVisa.
- Payment: You will need to pay the eVisa application fee online using a credit or debit card.
How to apply at an embassy for Armenia Visa?
To apply for an Armenia visa at an embassy or consulate, you will generally need to follow these steps:
- Check the requirements
- Complete the application form
- Gather supporting documents
- Pay the application fee
- Submit the application
- Wait for processing
- Collect your visa
- For more details visit the official website of the Armenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Armenia Visa Processing
The processing time for an Armenia visa may vary depending on your nationality, the type of visa you are applying for, and the embassy or consulate where you are applying. Generally, it is recommended to allow ample time for your visa application to be processed, as the processing time can vary from a few days to several weeks.
The processing time for an Armenia visa can vary from 3 to 15 business days, depending on the embassy or consulate where you are applying and the type of visa you are applying for. It is recommended to check with the embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date processing time.
Costs of Armenia Visa
The cost of an Armenia visa can vary depending on your nationality, the type of visa you are applying for, and the embassy or consulate where you are applying. Generally, the cost of an Armenia visa can range from 20 to 70 USD.
Here are some examples of the costs of different types of Armenia visas:
- Tourist visa: The cost of a tourist visa for most nationalities is 40 USD. This visa allows you to stay in Armenia for up to 120 days.
- Business visa: The cost of a business visa for most nationalities is 70 USD. This visa allows you to stay in Armenia for up to 120 days and engage in business activities.
- Transit visa: The cost of a transit visa for most nationalities is 20 USD. This visa allows you to stay in Armenia for up to 3 days while transiting to another country.
Armenia Visa Validity
The validity of an Armenia visa can vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for and your nationality. Generally, an Armenia visa can be valid for a single entry or multiple entries, and its validity can range from a few days to several months or even years.
Here are some examples of the validity of different types of Armenia visas:
- Tourist visa: The validity of a tourist visa can range from 21 days to 120 days, depending on the embassy or consulate where you are applying and your nationality. Some nationalities may also be eligible for a multiple-entry tourist visa.
- Business visa: The validity of a business visa can range from 21 days to 120 days, depending on the embassy or consulate where you are applying and your nationality. Some nationalities may also be eligible for a multiple-entry business visa.
- Transit visa: The validity of a transit visa is generally up to 3 days, as it is meant for travelers who are transiting through Armenia to another destination.
List of Diplomatic Missions started by Armenia
Diplomatic missions started by Armenia include:
- Armenian embassy in Canada
- Armenian embassy in London
- Armenian embassy in Moscow
- Armenian embassy in Paris
- Armenian embassy in Washington DC
- Armenian mission to the United Nations
- Honorary Consulate of Armenia in New York City
- Armenian Permanent Mission to the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
- Embassy of Armenia in Tel Aviv, Israel
- Consulate General of Armenia in San Francisco, California
To see the complete list of the diplomatic mission started by Armenia around the world, visit the given link.
Fun facts about Armenia
- Armenia is one of the oldest civilizations in the world, with a rich history dating back over 3000 years.
- Armenia was the first country to adopt Christianity as a state religion, in the early 4th century.
- The Armenian alphabet was invented in 405 AD by a monk named Mesrop Mashtots. It consists of 38 letters and is still used today.
- Mount Ararat, which is located in modern-day Turkey but has strong cultural and symbolic significance for Armenians, is believed to be the resting place of Noah’s Ark.
- Armenian cuisine is known for its rich flavors, use of fresh herbs and vegetables, and unique dishes such as dolma, khorovats (barbecue), and lavash (flatbread).
- Armenia is home to some of the world’s oldest and most well-preserved monasteries and churches, including the ancient monasteries of Haghpat and Sanahin, which are UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Armenian cognac, which is made from locally grown grapes and aged in oak barrels, is considered one of the best in the world and has been enjoyed by famous figures such as Winston Churchill and Joseph Stalin.
- The Armenian national sport is called kokpar, which is a type of polo played with a dead goat instead of a ball.
- Famous Armenians include the musician and composer Aram Khachaturian, the chess player Tigran Petrosian, and the reality TV star Kim Kardashian, whose ancestors were Armenian.
- Yerevan, the capital city of Armenia, is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, with a history dating back over 2800 years.
Must Read Our Other Visa Processes
- Method to Apply for a Honduras Visa 2023
- Belize Visa Tutorial 2023
- Canada Visa Policy 2023
- Cuba Visa Application Procedure 2023
- Streamlining Your Dominican Republic Visa Application in 2023
- Essential Tips for Obtaining a Dominica Visa in 2023
- El Salvador Visa Handbook 2023
- Grenada Visa Process 2023
- FAQs About Bahamas Visa Process 2023
- FAQs About Jamaica Visa 2023
- Haiti Visa Requirements 2023
- Complete Mexico Visa Process 2023
- Nicaragua Visa Procedure 2023
- Panama Visa Application Procedure 2023
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Visa Method 2023
- Saint Lucia Visa Procedure 2023
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Visa Requirements 2023
- Trinidad and Tobago Visa Handbook and Tips 2023
- USA Visa Policy 2023
- Requirements to Get a Pakistani Visa 2023
FOR MORE VISIT OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE.