Welcome to the Belarus Visa Guide, your ultimate resource for all the information you need to obtain a visa for Belarus. Belarus is a beauty ful country located in Eastern Europe, with a rich history and culture that attracts visitors from all over the world. However, to visit Belarus, you need to have a valid visa, and navigating the visa application process can be confusing and time-consuming. That’s where we come in. Our website provides comprehensive guidance on the different types of visas available for Belarus, the application requirements, and the application process.
Who needs a Belarus Visa?
Most foreign nationals require a visa to enter Belarus. The visa requirement applies to citizens of countries that do not have a visa-free agreement with Belarus. There are some exceptions to this rule, such as citizens of Russia, Ukraine, and a few other countries who are exempt from the visa requirement for short-term visits.
For the nationals of the following countries, no visa is required to enter Belarus;
- Azerbaijan (Indefinite stay)
- Argentina (for stays up to 90 days)
- Armenia (Indefinite stay)
- Brazil (for stays up to 90 days)
- Cuba (for stays of up to 30 days)
- Ecuador (for stays up to 30 days)
- Georgia (Indefinite stay)
- Israel (for stays up to 90 days in each period of 180 days)
- Kazakhstan (Indefinite stay)
- Kyrgyzstan (Indefinite stay)
- Macedonia (provided they have a private invitation or a tourist voucher)
- Moldova (Indefinite stay)
- Mongolia (for stays up to 90 days)
- Montenegro (for stays up to 30 days provided they have an invitation or a tourist voucher)
- The people’s Republic of China (for stays up to 30 days)
- Qatar (for stays up to 30 days)
- Russia (Indefinite stay)
- Serbia (for stays up to 30 days)
- Tajikistan (Indefinite stay)
- Turkey (for stays up to 30 days)
- United Arab Emirates (for stays up to 30 days)
- Ukraine (Indefinite stay)
- Uzbekistan (Indefinite stay)
- Venezuela (for stays up to 90 days)
The diplomatic Passport holders of the following countries are also allowed to enter Belarus without Visa:
- People’s Republic of China
- Republic of Korea
The nationals of the following countries are eligible to stay in Belarus for 30 days without any visa if they reach Belarus through Minsk Airport;
- All European Union citizens
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- El Salvador
- New Zealand
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United States
The nationals of the following countries are eligible to enter Belarus without any visa if they have multiple entry visas from any EU country, entry stamps from any EU country, and a valid return ticket from Minsk Airport;
Also, see: Albania Visa Guide 2024
Also, see: Belgium Visa Guide 2024
Documents required to apply for Belarus Visa
The documents required to apply for a Belarus visa may vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for, your nationality, and the purpose of your trip. However, some of the standard documents required for a Belarus visa application are:
- Your passport should have at least six months of validity remaining from the date of your intended departure from Belarus, and at least two blank pages for visa stamps.
- You will need to fill in a visa application form and sign it.
- You will need to provide one or two recent passport-size photographs.
- You will need to provide a letter of invitation, a hotel reservation confirmation, or other supporting documents to prove the purpose and duration of your trip.
- You may need to provide a copy of your flight itinerary or travel plan to demonstrate your travel dates and the purpose of your visit.
- You may need to provide proof of medical or travel insurance that covers your entire stay in Belarus.
- You will need to pay the visa application fee, which may vary depending on the type of visa and your nationality.
Where to submit an application to get a Belarus Visa
You can submit your Belarus visa application at the nearest Belarusian embassy or consulate in your country. If there is no embassy or consulate in your country, you can submit your application to the nearest embassy or consulate that represents Belarus.
In some cases, Belarus may have a visa application center or a visa processing agency in your country where you can submit your application. These centers are authorized by the Belarusian government to accept visa applications on their behalf.
Also, see: Palau Visa Guide 2024
How to apply for Belarus Visa?
You can apply for a Belarus visa by following these general steps:
- Check the visa requirements on the website of the Belarusian embassy or consulate in your country. Make sure you have all the required documents before starting your application.
- Download and complete the visa application form, ensuring that all the information provided is accurate and matches your supporting documents.
- Gather all the supporting documents required for your visa application, including your passport, visa support documents, travel itinerary, health insurance, and payment of visa fees.
- Submit your visa application and supporting documents to the nearest Belarusian embassy or consulate in your country. If there is no embassy or consulate in your country, you can submit your application to the nearest embassy or consulate that represents Belarus.
- Pay the visa application fees as instructed by the embassy or consulate. The fees may vary depending on the type of visa and your nationality.
- Wait for your visa application to be processed, which may take several days or weeks, depending on the type of visa and the embassy or consulate’s workload.
- Once your visa application is approved, collect your visa from the embassy or consulate or by mail if allowed.
- To get more details visit the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of Belarus.
Belarus Visa Processing Time
The processing time for a Belarus visa may vary depending on several factors, such as the type of visa, your nationality, the embassy or consulate where you applied, and the time of year.
- In general, the processing time for a Belarus visa ranges from 5 to 10 business days. However, it may take longer if additional documents are required or if the embassy or consulate receives a high volume of applications.
- Some embassies or consulates offer an expedited visa processing service for an additional fee, which can reduce the processing time to 1-3 business days.
Belarus Visa Costs
The cost of a Belarus visa varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for, your nationality, and the embassy or consulate where you submit your application. In general, the fees for a Belarus visa can range from around 60 to 400 USD.
The followings are some of the common types of Belarus visas and their approximate costs:
- Tourist visa: around 60 USD
- Business visa: around 180 USD
- Transit visa: around 60 USD
- Private visa: around 140 USD
- Student visa: around 110 USD
Belarus Visa on Arrival
Belarus does offer a visa-on-arrival option for visitors at Minsk Airport. But the applicant must have to apply 3 business days prior to the arrival at the airport for a short-term visa. And for a long-term visa, the applicant must have to apply 5 business days prior to arrival at the Minsk Airport. For Belarus Visa on arrival, applicants have to post their application along with the required documents, at the following address;
- Address: Foreign Admissions Division of the Consular Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus, National Airport Minsk, Minsk, 220054.
- Phone: +375 17 279 20 58
Belarus Visa from the USA
If you are a US citizen or a legal resident of the United States and you want to travel to Belarus, you need to obtain a Belarus visa before your trip. Here are the general steps to apply for a Belarus visa from the USA:
Submit your visa application and supporting documents to the Belarusian embassy in the United States or consult the General of Belarus in New York, either in person or by mail, as instructed by the embassy.
Belarus Visa from the UK
If you are a citizen or legal resident of the UK and want to travel to Belarus, you will need to obtain a Belarus visa before your trip. Here are the general steps to apply for a Belarus visa from the UK:
Submit your visa application and supporting documents to the Belarusian embassy in the UK, either in person or by mail, as instructed by the embassy.
FOR MORE VISIT OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE.