For the first round of applications, Canada has approved 56,000 study permits. Scholarships without IELTS are available to international students that are fully funded. Scholarships for Bachelors, Masters, and PhDs are available through this program. There are many Canadian universities that don’t require IELTS/TOEFL Tests or you have more options and other ways to prove your English proficiency. Learn about the major universities in Canada and how you can study without IELTS.
Last year, Canada attracted the most students. It is regarded as one of the best countries for living and studying. Out of all the options available to students for studying abroad, Canada comes out on top. The 97 Canadian public universities offer more than 15,000 study programs. A great choice for a bright future.
You can study in Canada without IELTS. Canadian academic institutions also accept English language proficiency tests other than IELTS, such as Duolingo and English Proficiency Certificates from your previous academic institutions. We will tell you which is the best alternative to IELTS to study in Canada in this post. Below you will find a list of Canadian Scholarships and Canadian Universities without IELTS.
List of Canadian Scholarships Without IELTS 2023
- Host Country: Canada
- Scholarship: Fully Funded
- Programs: Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD Degree Programs.
Universities in Canada Without IELTS
You will notice on the Universities’ Websites that some universities do not require IELTS in Canada. I am going to share some names of Canadian universities that do not require IELTS with you.
- University of Winnipeg
- Brock University
- University of Saskatchewan
- Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Cambrian University
- Okanagan College
- Concordia University
- Seneca College
- Carleton University
- Algoma University
- Brandon University
- University of Guelph
- McGill University
Study in Canada without IELTS: Best Alternatives
Those who cannot submit IELTS scores when applying for admission to Canadian universities have different options.
- You may also provide scores from other English proficiency tests such as the TOEFL, Duolingo English Test, and PTE. (Duolingo is the easiest of all the tests)
- In lieu of English proficiency scores, you can submit proof that you have studied in an English medium school for at least 4 years.
- The IELTS scores of candidates from an English speaking country are also not required in Canada.
- For those without English proficiency scores, the university offers an English language course.
Scholarships in Canada Without IELTS
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships – Canadian government fellowships and scholarships available to international students pursuing postgraduate studies in the natural and social sciences or health research.
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Program – Scholarships for Canadians studying for a master’s degree at a (CGS-M allocated) university in Canada.
- IDRC Research Awards – Scholarships provided by the Canadian government to students from developing countries in order to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree in research at a recognized Canadian university.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program – International doctoral students may apply for scholarships from the Canadian government to study at a participating university in Canada.
- Carleton University Awards for International Students – Carleton University offers international students scholarships for study in Canada. Graduate students are automatically considered for these awards upon application.
- Concordia University International Undergraduate Awards – Various scholarships to help international students to study in Canada at Concordia University in Montréal, open to international students at the undergraduate level.
- Dalhousie University Scholarships – Available for international and domestic students of all levels studying at Dalhousie University in Halifax.
- Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships for International Students – Fairleigh Dickinson University in Vancouver is offering scholarships for international students of all levels.
- HEC Montréal Scholarships include merit- and need-based scholarships for international students at HEC Montréal, as well as mobility scholarships for international students.
- International Student Scholarships at Humber College Canada – International students can apply for a variety of Canadian undergraduate scholarships at Humber College in Toronto.
- McGill University Scholarships and Student Aid – Various funding opportunities, including the McGill Entrance Scholarship Program and the PBEEE – Quebec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students, for international students enrolled in graduate and postdoctoral studies.
- Queen’s University International Scholarships – A number of scholarships for international students to study at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. Some awards are only open to students from India, Pakistan, and the United States.
- Quest University Canada – All international students are eligible to apply for scholarships ranging from CA$2,000 up to full tuition at Quest University Canada.
- UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award – Scholarships awarded to Canadian undergraduate students who have demonstrated leadership skills and exceptional academic achievement to study at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.
- UBC Graduate Scholarships – A searchable database of master’s and PhD scholarships at the University of British Columbia, including the university’s four-year doctoral fellowships and Graduate Support Initiative.
- University of Alberta International Scholarships – The University of Alberta offers an array of scholarships for international students to study at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Calgary International Scholarships – The University of Calgary offers a wide selection of scholarships for international students to study in Canada. Scholarships range from CA$500 to CA$60,000.
- Scholarships to study in Canada at the University of Manitoba, open to international students. The university’s Faculty of Graduate Studies offers scholarships to international graduate students.
- University of Saskatchewan International Student Awards – Scholarships awarded to outstanding international students studying at the University of Saskatchewan.
- University of Toronto Ontario Graduate Scholarship – Scholarships for domestic and international students studying at the School of Graduate Studies at the University of Toronto.
- University of Waterloo International Funding – Offers a variety of scholarships to international students enrolled in master’s or doctoral programs at the university.
- Simon Fraser University Financial Aid and Awards – Financial aid and awards available to domestic and international students studying at Simon Fraser University or planning to study there.
- Western University International President’s Entrance Scholarships – Western University offers various Canadian scholarships to international students.
- York University International Student Program – The university offers undergraduate students the opportunity to study abroad.
- The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) is a provincial government-run program for students who have excelled at the master’s and doctoral levels.
- Ontario Trillium Scholarships are awarded to outstanding students from all over the world who are interested in pursuing PhD degrees in Ontario.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate students are selected for the Albert Canadian scholarship by a Canadian NGO on a yearly basis.
- Each year, the University of Toronto, together with its faculties, campuses, and colleges award 4,400 scholarships to study undergraduate programs.
- International students who are admitted to York University and have an excellent academic record are eligible for scholarships worth $60,000 – $100,000 for a four-year program.
- There are 4,400 undergraduate scholarships awarded each year by the University of Toronto, its faculties, campuses, and colleges.
- Concordia University International Undergraduate Awards – Various scholarships available for international undergraduate students at Concordia University in Montréal.