Join our network of Alpha Geeks looking to collaborate and advance their careers in software development!
Join CapaCiTi’s no-cost, full-time, 18-month development programme to advance your knowledge of full-stack web development from the ground up. This programme lasts 18 months, with the first 6 months spent on campus at CapaCiTi and the remaining 12 months spent developing and growing your skills with our partner Younglings.
The CapaCiTi campus-based training programme combines National Certificate in Information Technology unit standards (Systems Development). This course is designed to give you the knowledge and skills you need to understand software development from the ground up.
You will be encouraged to think deeply about new Digital Products that will improve your world during your Younglings placement, and you will explore and create new products through interaction, application, and advancement.
This part of the programme exposes you to the working environment and allows you to choose a career path from Front End, Back End, Mobile, Data Science, or Cyber Security.
The programme will include the following features:
- Principles of Software Development Training
- Work experience with specific goals and objectives
- Knowledge, experience, and application specific to the industry
- A well-structured workforce development strategy
- Ongoing mentoring and evaluation
What should I expect if I join?
- 6 months of CapaCiTi campus-based experiential learning and training
- For an additional 12 months, participate in a Younglings placement to Build Your Own Future as a Software Developer.
- Throughout the programme, complete and submit assessments and projects as needed.
- Finish practical workplace tasks on time and to a high standard.
- Attend all activities, tasks, and workshops.
- Participate in professional development workshops, activities, teamwork, and reflection to help you grow as a person.
What are the course modules?
- Introduction to HTML
- Introduction to CSS
- Bootstrap Overview
- Python Fundamentals
- Introduction to Django
What will I take away from the programme?
- A thorough understanding of web and programming technologies that is both practical and comprehensive.
- Front-end and back-end development versatility
- A working knowledge of how data is captured, stored, and accessed in databases.
- The ability to learn fundamental real-world programming principles through numerous practical examples
- While at Younglings, you can specialize in one of the following guilds: front end, back end, mobile, data science, or cyber security.
- Practical coding abilities are required for a career in your chosen field.
- In-depth knowledge and skills to boost your CV and career prospects