Georgia Visa Chronicles 2023
Welcome to the Georgia Visa Guide, your ultimate source for information and assistance on all things related to obtaining a visa to travel to Georgia. Whether you are a tourist, student, or business traveler, we understand that navigating the visa application process can be overwhelming and confusing. That’s why we are here to provide you with a comprehensive guide on the different types of visas available, the application requirements, and the steps you need to take to ensure a smooth and successful visa application process. Our goal is to make the process as simple and stress-free as possible, so you can focus on planning your trip to this beautiful country.
Who must need a Georgia Visa?
Foreign nationals who are not citizens of Georgia or do not hold travel documents from Georgia may need a Georgia visa to enter the country.
The individuals of the following mentioned countries are eligible to enter Georgia without a tourist, work, and study visa for 12 months, without a residence permit;
- Any European Union country
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Chile (up to 90 days in a 180-day period)
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Iran (only up to 45 days)
- New Zealand
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- The United Kingdom British Overseas Territories
- United States
- Uruguay (only up to 90 days)
- Vatican City
While other countries must need a visa to enter Georgia.
Also, see: France Visa Guide 2023
Also, see: Finland Visa Guide 2023
Categories of Georgia Visa
There are several categories of Georgia visas that Georgia offers, based on the purpose and duration of the intended stay. Here are the main categories:
- Georgia Tourist Visa
- Georgia Business Visa
- Georgia Student Visa
- Georgia Work Visa
- Georgia Transit Visa
- Georgia Diplomatic/Official Visa
Georgia Visa Requirements
Here are the general visa requirements for obtaining a Georgia visa, although specific requirements may vary depending on the type of visa and the traveler’s circumstances:
- A completed visa application form.
- A valid passport with at least 6 months validity beyond the intended stay in Georgia.
- Two recent passport-size photos.
- Proof of travel arrangements, such as flight tickets or hotel reservations.
- Proof of financial means to cover the trip, such as bank statements or a letter from an employer stating the purpose and duration of the trip.
- Proof of medical travel insurance that covers the duration of the stay in Georgia.
- For a business visa, an invitation letter from a Georgian business partner is usually required.
- For a student visa, an acceptance letter from a recognized educational institution in Georgia is usually required.
- For a work visa, a work permit and a contract with a Georgian employer are usually required.
- Payment of the visa fee varies depending on the type and duration of the visa.
Also, see: Croatia Visa Guide 2023
Also, see: Bulgaria Visa Guide 2023
How to Apply for a Georgia Visa?
The application process for a Georgia visa may vary depending on the traveler’s nationality and the type of visa being applied for. However, here are the general steps for applying for a Georgia visa:
- Gather the required documents: Collect all the necessary documents according to your visa type.
- Fill out the visa application form: You can usually find the application form on the website of the Georgian embassy or consulate in your home country.
- Schedule an appointment: Schedule an appointment at the Georgian embassy or consulate in your home country.
- Submit the application: Attend the scheduled appointment and submit the visa application along with the required documents.
- Pay the visa fee: Pay the visa fee at the time of submission.
- Wait for the visa processing: After submission, the embassy or consulate will process the visa application, which may take a few days to several weeks depending on the type of visa and the volume of applications.
- Collect your visa: Once the visa is approved, collect your passport with the visa stamp from the embassy or consulate.
- To get more details, visit the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of Georgia.
Georgia Visa Costs
The Georgia visa costs may vary depending on the type of visa, duration of stay, and the traveler’s nationality. Here are the approximate visa fees for some of the common types of visas:
- Single-entry tourist visa: $40 USD for most nationalities.
- Single-entry business visa: $50 USD for most nationalities.
- Multiple-entry business visa: $100 USD for most nationalities.
- Student visa: $60 USD for most nationalities.
- Work visa: $110 USD for most nationalities.
- Transit visa: $20 USD for most nationalities.
Processing Time required for Georgia Visa
The processing time for a Georgia visa may vary depending on the type of visa and the embassy or consulate where the application is submitted. Here are the approximate processing times for some of the common types of visas:
- Tourist visa: 10 business days or less.
- Business visa: 10 business days or less.
- Student visa: 10 business days or less.
- Work visa: 10 business days or less.
- Transit visa: 5 business days or less.
Also, see: Bosnia and Herzegovina Visa Guide 2023
Also, see: Belgium Visa Guide 2023
Who are eligible for Georgia eVisa?
The individuals that are the nationals of the following mentioned countries are eligible for up to 90 days with a 180-day period (multiple entries) Georgia eVisa;
- East Timor
- Marshall Islands
- North Macedonia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Solomon Islands
- Trinidad and Tobago
The individuals that are the nationals of the following mentioned countries are eligible for up to 30 days within a 120-day period (multiple entries) Georgia eVisa;
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- The Central African Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- North Korea
- Papua New Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
It’s important to note that the eligibility criteria for the eVisa program may change, and travelers are advised to check the current requirements before applying for an eVisa to Georgia. Additionally, some nationalities may be exempt from the visa requirement altogether, while others may still require a traditional visa.
How to apply for eVisa?
To apply for an eVisa to Georgia, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Georgian eVisa portal
- Register and create an account by providing your basic information and contact details.
- Provide all the necessary details and information required in the application form. Make sure to fill out the form accurately and completely.
- Upload all the required supporting documents, such as a scanned copy of your passport, a recent photograph, and any other documents required for your specific visa type.
- Pay the visa processing fee online using a credit or debit card.
- After completing the application form and payment, submit the application online.
- You can check the status of your eVisa application by logging in to your account on the eVisa portal.
- If your eVisa application is approved, you will receive an email with a link to download and print your eVisa.
Duration and Extension of Georgia Visa
The duration and extension of a Georgia visa depend on the type of visa and the traveler’s nationality. Here are some general guidelines:
- A single-entry tourist visa is usually valid for 90 days, and the duration of stay is up to 30 days. It may be possible to extend the tourist visa for an additional 30 days, but this is subject to approval by the Georgian authorities.
- A single-entry business visa is usually valid for 90 days, and the duration of stay is up to 30 days.
- Multiple-entry business visas are valid for up to 1 year, with each stay not exceeding 30 days. It may be possible to extend a business visa, but this is subject to approval by the Georgian authorities.
- A student visa is usually valid for the duration of the course of study, up to 1 year. It may be possible to extend the student visa for the duration of the course of study.
- A work visa is usually valid for up to 1 year, and the duration of stay depends on the duration of the employment contract. It may be possible to extend a work visa, but this is subject to approval by the Georgian authorities.
- A transit visa is usually valid for up to 10 days, and the duration of stay depends on the itinerary. It may not be possible to extend a transit visa.
Georgia Residence Permit
A Georgia residence permit is an official document that allows a foreign national to reside and work in Georgia for an extended period of time. The residence permit is issued by the Georgian authorities and is valid for a specific period, usually up to 1 year, with the possibility of renewal.
To apply for a Georgia residence permit, a foreign national must meet the eligibility criteria and provide the necessary documents and information. The eligibility criteria may vary depending on the type of residence permit being applied for, but generally, the following conditions must be met:
- The applicant must have a valid passport or another travel document.
- The applicant must have a legitimate reason for staying in Georgia, such as employment, studies, or family reunification.
- The applicant must have sufficient financial means to support themselves during their stay in Georgia.
- The applicant must not have a criminal record or pose a threat to national security.
To apply for a Georgia residence permit, the applicant must submit an application to the Georgian authorities, along with the required documents and information. The processing time and fees may vary depending on the type of residence permit and other factors.
Some of the common types of residence permits available in Georgia include:
- Employment residence permit
- Investment residence permit
- Family reunification residence permit
- Study residence permit
It’s important to note that the residence permit application process and requirements may change, and travelers are advised to check the current requirements before applying for a residence permit to Georgia.
For more visit our official website.