We are going to share with you today the details of a new scholarship program that has been specially designed for minority students who are presently studying in India. Minority Scholarship contains all the basic information about this scheme, including the list of scholarships available and the step-by-step process through which you can apply for a Minority Scholarship without any difficulty. The scholarship details can be found at the end of the article, so be sure to read all the way through.
Minority scholarships are available for economically disadvantaged members of minorities. The scholarship program was created by the organization Welfare Of Minorities under the Ministry Of Welfare by the government of India. The main purpose of these scholarships is to help students who are unable to fund their education because they belong to a minority community and they live in poverty all the time.
Details About Minority Scholarship 2023
- Name: Minority Scholarship
- Launched by: Government of India Ministry of Minority affairs
- Objective: Providing scholarships
- Beneficiaries: Students belonging to the minority community
The Government of India offers the following scholarships to minorities:
List Of Scholarship
|Arunachal Pradesh||Arunachal Pradesh Umbrella Scheme for the Education of Scheduled Tribes-pre-matric scholarship Umbrella Scheme for the Education of Scheduled Tribes-post-matric Scholarship Scheme for the award of stipend to the schedule tribe students|
|Assam||Scholarships for SC students in Assam Post-matric scholarships for SC students in Assam Scholarships for ST students in Assam Post-matric scholarships for ST students in Assam Scholarships for OBC students in Assam Post-matric scholarships for OBC students in Assam|
|Uttarakhand||Scholarships for minorities Pre matric scholarships for SC students Pre matric scholarships for ST students Pre matric scholarships for OBC students|
|Tripura||Scholarship for SC students and scholarship for OBC students after matriculation|
|Manipur||Scholarships for ST students before and after matriculation|
Central Funded Scholarships
- Scholarships for minorities after matriculation
- Minority scholarship for pre-matriculating students
- Scholarships for professional and technical courses are known as merit cum
For the minority scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:-
- For this program to work, a student must be enrolled in school, college, or university.
- The parents of that child should not earn more than Rs 100000 to Rs 200000 annually.
- A person must be below the poverty line (BPL).
- To be considered for the minority scholarship scheme, an applicant must be a meritorious student.
- This scheme aims to encourage minority students to pursue education.
- Students up to the 10th standard are eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Over 50% of the students studying in government and non-government educational institutions scored well last year.
- Scholarships are available to students whose father’s annual income does not exceed one lakh.
- Students who qualify for this scheme can apply through the committee.
- The Post Matric Scholarship Scheme is available to students from class XI to Ph.D.
- The name is only given to students who scored more than 50% in the previous year.
Minority Scholarship Rewards Details
Candidates for this minority scholarship will receive the following rewards:-
- Pre-matric Scholarship
|Admission and tuition fee||Both hostellers and day scholars are charged INR 500 per annum for admission to class 6 to 10. The tuition fee for classes 6 to 19 is 350 rupees per month for both hostel students and day scholars.|
|Maintenance Allowance||Day scholars in class 1 to 5 pay INR 100 per month. INR 600 per month for hostellers and INR 100 per month for day scholars for classes 6 to 10.|
- Post Matric Scholarship
|Admission and tuition fee||The tuition fee for classes 11 and 12 is INR 7000 per annum for both hostelers and day scholars. Both day scholars and hostellers are charged INR 10,000 per annum for technical and vocational courses at the class 11 and 12 levels. Admission and tuition fees for UG and PG levels are INR 3,000 for both hostellers and day scholars.|
|Maintenance Allowance||For classes 11 and 12, including technical and vocational courses, the tuition is INR 380 per month for hostellers and INR 230 for day scholars.|
- Merit-cum-means scholarship
|Course Fee||Day scholars and hostellers both pay INR 20,000 per annum, whichever is less.|
|Maintenance Allowance||Hosteliers pay INR 1000 per month while day scholars pay INR 500 per month|
|Scholarship for listed institutes||For 85 of the listed institutes, the full course fee is reimbursed.|
You can renew your scholarship by following these steps:-
- Scholarship recipients must renew their awards every year.
- In order to renew the scholarship, students must obtain a minimum of 50% in the previous year’s examination.
- For renewal cases, officials do not release a merit list.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions must be followed to apply for the scholarship:-
- Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements can only apply for one of the three minority scholarships.
- Scholarship recipients cannot hold any other scholarship at the same time.
- The officials will transfer the course/tuition fee and maintenance allowance to the aspirant’s bank account.
- In the case of obtaining the scholarship through a false statement, the officials will cancel it.
- In the event that the student violates the school discipline or any other scholarship terms and conditions, the scholarship will be canceled.
- Scholarships will not be awarded to more than two students per family.
- Both day scholars and hostellers will receive a maintenance allowance.
- The continuation of the scholarship will be based on the candidates’ scores.
The applicant will be selected based on the following selection criteria:-
- Applicants will be shortlisted for the scholarship based on their financial status.
- The selection committee will evaluate the applications of candidates and shortlist those meeting the criteria for each scholarship.
- In cases of similar income, the officials will select the older candidate.
- The officials will generate a merit list based on the income of the applicants to communicate the scholarship results.
- At the end of the selection process, the candidates will receive the rewards as specified for each scholarship
- Each minority community receives 30% of the scholarship funds.
- The officials will transfer the scholarship to the male students in the state or union territory in the event that the female students are not available.
- Scholarships will be available for students residing in the quota of a particular state or union territory, regardless of their place of study.
Minority Scholarship Application Procedure
In order to apply for the scholarship, you need to follow the simple steps below:-
- By clicking on the link provided here, you can access the official website of the National Scholarship Portal
- To apply for a scholarship, you must register at the official website of the national scholarship portal
- The New Registration option can be found by clicking it
- You will see the registration form on your screen
- Please enter all the details
- Enter all of your personal information and academic qualifications.
- All documents should be uploaded
- Register yourself successfully
- You can now log in using your credentials and apply for this scholarship.