Welcome to our Moldova Visa Guide, your ultimate source for all the information you need to obtain a visa to visit the beautiful country of Moldova. Nestled in the heart of Europe, Moldova is a small yet charming country that boasts picturesque landscapes, a rich cultural heritage, and friendly locals. From visa requirements, and application procedures, to helpful tips, our website is your one-stop-shop for all your visa-related queries. So, get ready to embark on an exciting journey to Moldova, and let us guide you through the visa application process!
Who must need a Moldova Visa?
Most foreign nationals require a visa to enter Moldova. The specific requirements for obtaining a Moldova visa vary depending on the country of citizenship, the purpose of the visit, and the duration of stay.
1- Nationals, and individuals that are currently living in the following mentioned countries, do not need a Moldova Visa for 90 day stay in Moldova;
|European Union citizens||EFTA citizens||Albania||Andorra||Antigua and Barbuda|
|Barbados||Belarus||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Brazil||Brunei|
|Montenegro||New Zealand||Nicaragua||North Macedonia||Palau|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||Saint Lucia||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||Samoa||Serbia|
|Seychelles||Singapore||Solomon Islands||South Korea||Tajikistan|
|Timor-Leste||Tonga||Trinidad and Tobago||Turkey||Tuvalu|
|Ukraine||United Arab Emirates||United States||Uruguay||Uzbekistan|
2- Individuals having a Diplomatic passport are also eligible to enter Moldova, without a visa.
3- Individuals having a valid Schengen visa, are also eligible to stay in Moldova without any visa, except the following mentioned countries, these countries must need an invitation letter along with a Schengen visa to stay in Moldova;
|Chad||Republic of Congo||Democratic Republic of Congo||Côte d’Ivoire||Egypt|
|Pakistan||Palestine||Sierra Leone||Somalia||South Sudan|
4- Nationals of the following mentioned countries, also need a Moldova transit Visa;
|Central African Republic||Chad||The Democratic Republic of the Congo||Republic of the Congo||Côte d’Ivoire|
|Costa Rica||Djibouti||Egypt||Equatorial Guinea||Eritrea|
|Ethiopia||The Gabonese Republic||Gambia||Ghana||Guinea|
|Rwanda||Senegal||Sierra Leone||Somalia||South Sudan|
|Sri Lanka||Sudan||Swaziland||Syrian Arab Republic||Uganda|
Also, check: Malta Visa Guide 2023
Also, check: Latvia Visa Guide 2023
Types of Moldova Visa
There are several types of Moldova visas available depending on the purpose of the visit. The most common types of Moldova visas include:
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Transit Visa
- Work Visa
- Study Visa
- Family Reunification Visa
Documents Required to apply for a Moldova Visa
The specific documents required to apply for a Moldova visa vary depending on the type of visa and the country of citizenship. However, here are some common documents that are typically required:
- A valid passport with at least 6 months of validity beyond the intended stay in Moldova
- Completed visa application form
- Passport-sized photographs
- Proof of travel arrangements, such as flight itinerary and hotel reservations
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the cost of the trip, such as bank statements or a letter from an employer
- Travel insurance that covers medical expenses and emergency evacuation
- Depending on the purpose of the visit, additional documents may be required, such as:
- Invitation letter from a business contact or educational institution in Moldova for business or study visa applications
- Proof of employment or business registration for work visa applications
- Marriage certificate or birth certificate for family reunification visa applications
- Visa for the country of final destination for transit visa applications
How to apply?
The application process for a Moldova visa varies depending on the country of citizenship. However, here are some general steps to follow when applying for a Moldova visa:
- Determine the type of visa you need based on the purpose of your visit to Moldova.
- Gather all the required documents, including a completed visa application form, passport-sized photographs, and proof of travel arrangements, such as flight itinerary and hotel reservations.
- Contact the Moldova embassy or consulate in your country of residence to obtain the latest visa application requirements and procedures.
- Schedule an appointment with the embassy or consulate to submit your visa application and required documents.
- Pay the visa application fee, which varies depending on the type of visa and country of citizenship.
- Attend the visa interview, if required, and provide any additional documents requested by the embassy or consulate.
- Wait for the visa processing time to be completed. The processing time varies depending on the type of visa and country of citizenship.
- Once the visa is approved, collect the visa and passport from the embassy or consulate.
- To check the status of your Moldova Visa Application, you can visit the given link.
- To get further details, visit the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of Moldova
Yes, Moldova also offers an eVisa option for certain nationalities. The Moldova eVisa allows eligible foreign nationals to apply for a visa online, without the need to visit an embassy or consulate. The eVisa is a single-entry visa, which allows a stay of up to 90 days within a 180-day period for tourism, business, or medical purposes.
To apply for a Moldova eVisa, applicants must follow these steps:
- Check if their nationality is eligible for the eVisa by visiting the official Moldova eVisa website.
- Complete the online application form, provide personal and travel details, and upload the required documents, such as a passport photo and a copy of the passport bio page.
- Pay the visa fee online using a credit or debit card.
- Wait for the eVisa application to be processed. The processing time is usually up to 7 business days.
- Once the eVisa is approved, the applicant will receive an electronic visa via email. The eVisa must be printed and presented at the border control along with the passport.
- To check the status of your Moldova eVisa application, visit the given link.
It is important to note that the eVisa application process is only available for certain nationalities, and not all types of visas are available as eVisas. It is recommended to check the latest visa requirements and regulations before planning your trip to Moldova.
Also, check: Luxembourg Visa Guide 2023
Also, check: Italy Visa Guide 2023
The processing time for a Moldova visa depends on the type of visa, the country of citizenship, and the embassy or consulate where the visa application is submitted. Generally, it can take up to several weeks for the visa application to be processed.
- The standard processing time for a Moldova tourist visa for US citizens is approximately 10 business days, while for Indian citizens, it can take up to 15 business days.
- The processing time for a Moldova eVisa is usually up to 7 business days.
It is important to check the latest visa requirements and processing times for your specific type of visa and country of citizenship before planning your trip to Moldova.
Moldova Visa Costs
The visa costs for Moldova depend on the type of visa, the duration of stay, and the country of citizenship. Here are some estimated visa costs for certain nationalities:
- Tourist visa
For US citizens: 65 USD
For Canadian citizens: 95 CAD
For Indian citizens: 90 USD
For Australian citizens: 115 AUD
For UK citizens: 65 GBP
- Business visa
For US citizens: 120 USD
For Canadian citizens: 175 CAD
For Indian citizens: 120 USD
For Australian citizens: 145 AUD
For UK citizens: 120 GBP
- Transit visa
For US citizens: 35 USD
For Canadian citizens: 50 CAD
For Indian citizens: 35 USD
For Australian citizens: 40 AUD
For UK citizens: 35 GBP
Moldova Residence Permit
A Moldova residence permit is a document that allows foreign nationals to reside in Moldova for a prolonged period of time, beyond the typical stay permitted by a visa. The residence permit is issued by the Bureau of Migration and Asylum, which is under the authority of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Moldova.
There are several types of Moldova residence permits, including:
- Temporary residence permit
- Permanent residence permit
To apply for a Moldova residence permit, foreign nationals must meet certain requirements and provide the necessary documentation, which may include:
- A valid passport
- Proof of accommodation in Moldova
- Proof of financial means to support themselves while in Moldova
- Proof of health insurance
- Criminal record certificate from their home country
- An employment contract or proof of enrollment in an educational institution
The application process for a Moldova residence permit can take several weeks to several months, depending on the type of permit and the specific circumstances of the applicant.
Also, check: Kosovo Visa Guide 2023
Also, check: Iceland Visa Guide 2023
Requirements for Moldova Citizenship
Here are the requirements for Moldova citizenship:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a legal residence in Moldova for at least 10 years, or five years if married to a Moldovan citizen or if the applicant has been recognized as a refugee or stateless person
- Have a clean criminal record and not be under investigation or prosecution
- Have knowledge of the Moldovan language, history, and culture
- Have a stable source of income and be able to support oneself and any dependents
- Renounce any other citizenship held, except in cases of dual citizenship agreements
- Pass a citizenship test and an interview with a citizenship commission
- Pay a citizenship application fee
- Provide documentation such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, and proof of legal residence
It is important to note that the citizenship application process in Moldova can be complex and time-consuming, and meeting the requirements does not guarantee approval.
FOR MORE VISIT OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE.