If you apply or study at NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences, you may be eligible for a scholarship. NHL Stenden offers two scholarships to students outside of the EU/EEA.
The Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science also funds Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. International undergraduate students from outside the EU/EEA receive a one-time contribution of € 5000.
NHL Stenden Excellency Scholarships are performance-based scholarships awarded every year. You cannot apply for it before you have begun your studies. In their first and second year as students, NHL Stenden will award scholarships to its best-performing NON-EU/EEA bachelor’s students.
About the Holland Scholarship
Holland Scholarships are only available at NHL Stenden campuses in the Netherlands. A select number of first-year students from non-EU/EEA countries are awarded the scholarship by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and various Dutch higher education institutions (including NHL Stenden).
First-year study costs are only partially covered by the Holland Scholarship. Upon arrival in the Netherlands, the scholarship will be presented to the recipients. Studying in the Netherlands involves tuition fees and living expenses.
Criteria Holland Scholarship:
- You are a citizen of a country not in the EU/EEA
- You applied to NHL Stenden’s Bachelor program
- NHL Stenden sent you a Letter of Acceptance
- You have a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or are a native English speaker
- Fill out the online application form by clicking on the Apply Now button
- Along with the application form, applicants must submit a letter of motivation of no more than 300 words to [email protected]
The NHL Stenden Excellence Scholarship 2023
Top performing non-EU/EEA undergraduates are awarded the NHL Stenden Excellency Scholarship, a performance-based financial award. If you are among the top 40 non-EU/EEA students at NHL Stenden by the end of your first or second year, you will receive a scholarship of €2,000. It is based on how many ECTS you earned at NHL Stenden in the previous year. During your studies at NHL Stenden, you may be awarded a maximum of €4,000 if you do exceptionally well two years in a row.
The Excellency Scholarship does not offer an entry scholarship.
How do you qualify?
You must be a non-EU/EEA bachelor student starting in or after September and earn at least 54 ECTS (study points) during your first or second year at NHL Stenden to qualify for the NHL Stenden Excellency Scholarship. NHL Stenden will award € 2,000 scholarships to 40 best-performing non-EU/EEA bachelor students each year (only year 1 and/or year 2). Students with the highest amount of ECTS (60, 59, 58, etc.) will be selected each year if there are more than 40 applicants. NHL Stenden also offers the Excellence Scholarship to non-EU/EEA bachelor students and those who have already earned a Holland Scholarship.
Selected students will be contacted personally by NHL Stenden. Students selected for the award will receive the award during the first period of the following academic year. Tuition fees are not waived by NHL Stenden Excellence Scholarships.
Details and application instructions can be found on the NHL Stenden intranet (under Scholarships & Grants).
If you have questions about the NHL Stenden Excellency Scholarship, please contact [email protected]
Additional Master scholarship; only for NHL Stenden alumni
- You may qualify for a scholarship of €6.000 for the MA degree Master in International Hospitality and Service Management and Master in International Leisure, Tourism & Events Management (only for non-EU students).
- NHL Stenden offers some of the best master’s programs in the Netherlands.
- NHL Stenden graduates are eligible for direct admission to master’s programs.
- In September, NHL Stenden bachelor students graduating in their fourth year can apply for a scholarship.
- Alumni of the NHL Stenden Tourism, Leisure and Hotel Management bachelor programmes are eligible for scholarships starting in September.
Are you considering pursuing a master’s degree? You made a good decision there. Besides gaining in-depth knowledge, enhancing your research skills, expanding your network, and gaining rewarding opportunities, you will also enhance your international career prospects.
A unique scholarship is offered by NHL Stenden for current 4th-year bachelor students and alumni of IHM, LM, TM to follow the MA degree at NHL Stenden for €5.750 instead of €11.750.
There are a limited number of scholarships available. A scholarship can only be awarded to:
- Starting in September, both EU and non-EU students can enroll in the MA in International Hospitality and Service Management program.
- MA in International Leisure, Tourism and Events Management (this program is publicly funded for EU students) starting in September for non-EU students.