Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. Today I’m here with another fellowship blog. The students who are looking for the fellowship program have to apply for the OWSD Early Career Fellowship 2023. If you want to apply for the fellowship have to read the article as they will get the complete information such as eligibility criteria, fields, and much more about the fellowship. The complete information is given as follows.
The OWSD Early Career Fellowship 2023 is given in this article. The students will get an award of up to USD 50,000 available to all the female candidates who have completed their Ph.D. in science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) subjects and they are working at an educational or research institute in one of the announced Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs). The OSWD early career fellows are available for the students of research so they can make an environment where they can start their research with the international students and they will connect with them.
See More: the University of Toronto Scholarships 2023
The students can apply for the fellowship as applications are open.
Deadline for Application submission Of OWSD Early Career Fellowship 2023: 27 APRIL 2023 (23:59 Rome time).
PURPOSE of OWSD Early Career Fellowship 2023
The OWSD early career fellowship program is announced by OWSD and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Canada sponsored the fellowship program.
The major aim of the fellowship program is announced to help young women scientists who are in their early careers so they can take their research projects in such countries where they have been known as particularly deficient in scientific and technological resources. The fellows can join their research projects in such countries and they have to spend the maximum period given to them at least 5 years in the country for their research work. The fellows who join the program will get jobs at the institution so they can complete their research.
The fellows who join the fellowship have a chance to work on different projects and they can connect with a lot of people there and make connections. The fellows will build their leadership qualities and will get an experience from the projects.
Support at OWSD Early Career Fellowship 2023
The fellows who join the program will get up to 50000 USD from the department.
A non-exhaustive list of entitled expenditures is offered below to assist with the growth of your application.
- a) Research-related costs
- Mandatory apparatus to figure up research parts or set up a lab
- Preparation in use of apparatus
- Looking after of apparatus
- If you need any other equipment that you have used or need new one such as glassware, solvents, feed, reagents
- Research appointments contacts and programs.
- You have to appear in the international scientific meeting and they will give you travel, accommodation, meals, registration, visa
- You have to host a visiting scholar and you can establish a visiting scholars program.
- Establishing and organizing scientific events such as seminar series, international symposiums, themed workshops, and regional and international conferences
- You have to maintain national and international exchange programs for the scholars
Instruction and Support
- MSc, Ph.D., Post-doctoral researchers
- Research assistants (e.g. to gather information and data)
- Teaching assistants
- Family care support (e.g. childcare costs for the fellow to commence the research project, travel support for family members)
- Another assistant (based on the applicant’s needs, e.g. casual labor)
- Transportation (e.g. car rental, public transport, airfare)
- Board and lodging
- Sample collection and analysis
- Hospitality fees (e.g. dinner with research partners in the field)
Publication costs (e.g. in peer-reviewed journals, open source)
- Subscriptions (e.g. journal, library)
- Literature (e.g. books, reprints, photocopies)
- Library resources
- Computer hardware
- Computer software
- Computer services (internet connections, technical support, database development)
- Science communication (e.g. writing for publication, presentation skills)
- English language courses (for improved science communication)
- Specialist courses for team leaders and project staff or group training sessions (e.g. long-distance learning)
- Checking and estimation costs (to measure the influence of the research project)
- Rent paid for land-living or sites used in a research movement
- Any other sustenance costs straight connected to the research project (for example, lab technician’s time, maintenance and utilities costs, administrative officer’s time, etc.)
- b) Linking with industry and other partners
- Appointments to companies, private sector (e.g. travel, board, and lodging costs)
- Product expansion (e.g. patent, prototype, Intellectual Property costs)
- Technology transfer
- Licensing costs
- Research-to-product related expenses
- Training (e.g. understanding/developing IP and patents, research-to-product training, communicating with industry, business, management, and marketing skills)
- Ascending teaching programs and/or ‘training the trainers’ (e.g. contribution specialist courses at Ph.D. level to ensure a level of training in a given discipline is adequate)
A downloadable list of suitable industry, remote or public associates for teamwork is available here.
- c) Outreach, communication, and networking
- Website development
- Communications resources (e.g. flyers, posters)
- Distribution (e.g. progress of investors’ contact folder for material allocation)
- Networking (e.g. Progress of online societies/forum, linking with OWSD associates and National Chapters, science academies)
- Mentoring (e.g. maintains a mentoring program with cohorts in the industry)
- Transformation of project-related documents
- Training (e.g. social media, and language courses needed for interactive research)
- Other costs desirable to commence outreach events
A downloadable list of the above eligible expenses is available here.
Eligibility Criteria for OWSD Early Career Fellowship 2023
The applicants who want to apply for the fellowship must be from the announced 66 countries some of these countries are as follows:
Africa: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Rep., Congo, Dem. Rep. of the Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini Kingdom of, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Asia and the Pacific: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Kiribati, Lao People’s Dem. Rep., Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
Arab region: Djibouti, Palestine (West Bank and Gaza Strip), Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Yemen
Latin America and the Caribbean: Bolivia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay
Eligible STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- Agricultural Sciences
- Astronomy, Space, and Earth Sciences
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Chemical Sciences
- Computing and Information Technology
- Engineering Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Structural, Cell, and Molecular Biology
Eligible academic qualification
The students who want to apply for the fellowship must have:
- The applicants must have Ph.D. in one of the above-mentioned fields.
- Ph.D. must be at least 10 years earlier to the submission of the application.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR OWSD Early Career Fellowship 2023:
The applicants have to submit the following documents when they apply for a fellowship such as:
- Proof of residence
- Ph.D. certificate
- Proof of employment
- Curriculum Vitae
- Reference letters
- Supporting statement of the head of the applicant’s institution
- Budget file
To apply for the fellowship visit the official website from the link given below:
So this is all about the fellowship program. Thanks for reading the article. For more visit the website and apply now. If you have any issues you can ask in the comment section.