Portugal work visa process 2023 is available in this article. If you want to work in Portugal then you need a work visa. Every visa has a different kind of requirement so you have to follow those requirements to apply for the visa.
So if you are willing to apply for a work visa, first you have to apply for a job after getting a job in any of the companies then you can apply for a work visa. This visa will allow you to enter the country and work in any company you want. The government of Portugal provides you with a job in different companies along with a work visa. So if you are eligible to apply for the job you can easily find a job and then you can travel to the country.
Read the article and apply now for a work visa. The complete information is given in this article.
Portugal Work Visa Process 2023 Facts
- Country: Portugal
- Qualified Countries: Foreigners
- Sort: Work Visa
Types of Portugal Work Visa
In this article, we have compiled a complete list of work visas for you. Then you can apply for any of the visas according to your eligibility criteria.
1. Work Visa for Skilled Workers
If you are a student from the following Fields including; engineering, science, medicine, IT, or any other highly ranked field, and are a skilled person and looking for a job, then you have to apply for a skilled worker’s visa for work.
2. Work Visa for Self-employed
If you want to own a business and are a self-employed person and want to apply for a job in any of the companies then you have to apply for the self-employed work visa that provides you permission to work.
3. Work Visa for Highly Skilled workers
If you are a skilled person and have an experience in the field then you are eligible to apply for the highly skilled workers visa.
4. Work Visa for Cultural Activities
If you want to apply or join the cultural event in the country then you have to apply for a cultural activity work visa.
5. Work Visa for Teaching
If you want to start a job in the education department and in the vocational institutes then you have to apply for a teaching work visa.
6. Tech visa
If you are a student of engineering and want to start your job in a tech company then you can apply for a tech visa.
Do I Need a Work Visa in Portugal?
Yes, you have to apply for a work visa if you want to work legally in the country. The country provides work visas for two different classes of a group of people. If you are a member of the European Union countries then you are allowed to start your work in the country but if you are not a member of the EU then you have to apply for a work visa. The country allows you to stay in the country for three months and after that, if you don’t have a work visa you have to leave the country.
Portugal Work Visa Requirements
You have to submit all of your documents when you apply for a work visa. Some of the documents are as follows:
- A legal passport
- Passport size photographs; you have to follow the Portugal visa picture rules.
- Evidence of housing a maintainable life in the country.
- You must have clear criminal records.
- A document with a declaration of endorsement to clarify your criminal activities.
- Evidence of health assurance
- Evidence of living in Portugal.
- Agreement of service
- If you are living in the country you have to submit proof of your residence.
- All documents must be in English or Portuguese.
- All academic transcripts must be permitted.
What is the Portugal Work Visa Applying Process?
After receiving the job offer from the company you have to follow the following procedure to apply for the work visa;
- You have to ask your manager for a work permit. And you have to apply for the permit before leaving the country.
- Applicants can apply for a work permit from any of the country’s Embassy of Portugal.
- After receiving the work permit you have to submit the application for the residence permit from the Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service (SEF).
Processing Time of Portugal Work Visa
The work visa application process in 60 days normally and sometimes takes 2-3 months for processing. The application processing depends upon the nature of the visa you have applied for as some visa application process in less than one month.
Charge of Work Visa
You have to submit the fee for your visa in the following steps as given below;
- You have to submit € 90 as the cost of an entry visa.
- You have to submit € 83 for the application process for a residence permit.
- You have to submit € 72 after getting the work permit from SEF.
What is the Legitimacy period of a Portuguese Work Visa?
When you apply for a work visa they provide you with a permit for one to two years and after that, you are eligible to make a renewal the permit. When you become an experienced person and stay for more than six years then you are eligible to apply for permanent residence by providing proof of your income.
When can I become a citizen of Portugal?
If you are living in Portugal for more than 6 years and you have a temporary residence permit then you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Portugal.
Can I Work in Portugal even if I’m a student?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for jobs in Portugal if you are a student. You can start a part-time or full-time job in any company. The company will allow you the work for some hours depending on your nationality. For examples;
- If you are a resident of the EU/EEA or Switzerland you are eligible to work whenever you want.
- But if you are not a resident of EU/EEA then you are eligible to work for 20 hours as a part-time job and in the semester break you can work full-time in any company.
So this is all about the Portugal work visa and you can apply for any of the visas.
FOR MORE VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE.