A great opportunity for those who face adversity is to apply for the Sephora Scholarships. A lot of scholarship opportunities for international students are available in the different colleges and universities in the US. All you have to read the article and collect all the necessary information about the scholarship so you can apply for the Sephora Scholarships and avail the opportunity. In this article, we will compile a list of scholarships that are available for the students and information such as how you can apply, what are the basic criteria that you have to follow when you have to submit the application and much more.
The scholarship program is announced for the students who are enrolled in beauty encaustics pursuing a license in beauty to empower and financially support diverse students. If the candidates qualify for the scholarship they will get a scholarship worth $7,500 in tuition for cosmetology and esthetician school, a paid internship at Sephora, firsthand industry experience, mentorship, and access to open roles following their graduation.
There is no restriction for the students. Students from different backgrounds can apply for the program. Such as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) greater opportunities. There are only 36% of professional beauty service roles announced by BIPOC. The scholarship will help to cover the gap between them. You can avail the opportunity to become a part of the beauty industry and fulfill your dreams.
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Some of the basic requirements that students have to follow when they have to apply for the program are as follows:
- You have to be a part of a Sephora-sponsored session every month on educational topics that are related to careers in beauty and other curated beauty industry content. The lectures are organized by the leading beauty brands industry insiders and Sephora’s Pro Team. Sessions will run from April 2023 through September 2023. Most of the sessions are held on Mondays. But if you are unable to attend the session you have a chance to get a recording of the session.
- You have to complete a six-month internship program at the Sephora store. You have to follow the protocols to ensure client and employee safety. This will be a paid internship in which you have to enroll and you have to appear in the store for four working hours daily. The internship will start from April to the month of September. Some of the basic experiences that you get from the store are as follows:
- How you can make a paid services experiences such as product knowledge, applications, and lessons in makeup and skincare.
- How you can work in stores such as with special emphasis on the Licensed Beauty Advisor role.
- How you can value the passion of Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Work-Life Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
- You have to work in day-to-day store activities. In these activities, you are assisting with hygiene and cleaning protocols, product replenishment, loss prevention programs, client sampling programs, and helping in different departments of the store where they need you.
- You have to apply for good standing in any of the eligible beauty/cosmetology/esthetician schools. If you are not eligible to complete your school and you are a part of the internship. Then there may be a chance that they will not give you your funds if they have not been sent.
- You have to take part in the beauty scholar community to network and support fellow members so you will get additional resources and training.
Program Eligibility Criteria:
Follow the eligibility criteria given below when you have to apply for the Sephora scholarship.
- The students who have to apply for the internship have to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States and be able to physically report to one of the participating locations. You have to provide details about which store you are closest to in the application form.
- The applicants must apply for the cosmetologist and/or esthetician program in one of the geographic locations listed above with a start date between January 1, 2024, and April 1, 2024. Applicants must be age 18 or older as of January 1, 2024.
- The candidate must have a passion to serve the community and they have to show an experience of supporting underrepresented communities of color and/or self-identify as a member of underrepresented minority groups. The minority group wasn’t limited to Black, African American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, or Native American/Indigenous minority groups.
- The students must be in need of financial assistance and then they are eligible to apply for the scholarship. They have to provide proof that they are enrolled and that they need assistance.
- The students who are a part of Sephora are not eligible to apply for the program. The fresh candidates who are applying for the first time have more chances to win the scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship you have to visit the official website. The link is given below:
So that’s all about Sephora Scholarships. If you are also from the field then you have to follow the criteria given above and make sure you follow the application submission criteria given above. Share it with your fellows who are also a part of the beauty industry.