Sri Lanka Visa Method 2023
Welcome to the Sri Lanka Visa Method 2023, your ultimate assistance in obtaining a visa to visit this beautiful island nation. Sri Lanka is a vibrant and diverse country with a rich history, stunning natural beauty, and a unique culture that is sure to captivate any traveler. Whether you’re planning a holiday, visiting friends and family, or coming for business purposes, our website is here to provide you with all the information you need to apply for and obtain your Sri Lanka visa in 2023. From visa requirements and application processes to helpful tips and resources, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s get started and make your journey to Sri Lanka a smooth and memorable one.
Types of Sri Lanka Visas
There are several types of Sri Lanka visas that you can apply for depending on your purpose of visit. Below are some of the most common types of Sri Lanka visas:
- Tourist Visa: This visa is for individuals who wish to visit Sri Lanka for tourism or leisure purposes.
- Business Visa: This visa is for individuals who wish to visit Sri Lanka for business purposes such as attending meetings, conferences, or conducting business transactions.
- Transit Visa: This visa is for individuals who are passing through Sri Lanka on their way to another destination and will not be staying in the country for more than 48 hours.
- Student Visa: This visa is for individuals who wish to study in Sri Lanka and requires enrollment in a recognized educational institution.
- Resident Visa: This visa is for individuals who wish to live and work in Sri Lanka for an extended period of time. It is typically granted to foreign nationals who have a job offer or investment in the country.
- Journalist Visa: This visa is for individuals who work as journalists or media personnel and are visiting Sri Lanka for official purposes.
- Diplomatic and Official Visa: This visa is for diplomats and government officials who are visiting Sri Lanka on official duty.
Who must Require a Sri Lanka Visa?
Foreign nationals who wish to enter Sri Lanka must generally obtain a visa unless they are citizens of one of the visa-exempt countries or are eligible for a visa on arrival.
- Nationals of the Maldives, Seychelles, and Singapore are exempt from visa requirements and may enter Sri Lanka without a visa for a maximum stay of 30 days.
- Nationals of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, and Syria are required to obtain prior approval from the Sri Lanka Ministry of Defense before applying for a visa.
- Children under the age of 12 who are included in their parent’s passports are also exempt from visa requirements.
- Diplomatic and official passport holders from some countries may also be exempt from visa requirements.
Requirements for a Sri Lanka Visa
The requirements for a Sri Lanka visa may vary depending on the purpose of travel and the nationality of the applicant. Generally, the following are the basic requirements for a Sri Lanka visa:
- A completed visa application form with a recent passport-size photograph.
- A valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Sri Lanka.
- Proof of travel arrangements, such as flight itinerary and hotel reservations.
- Sufficient funds to cover the expenses during the stay in Sri Lanka.
- A letter of introduction from a sponsor, if applicable.
- Payment of the visa fee.
In addition to the above requirements, some applicants may be required to submit additional documents, such as:
- A letter of invitation from a Sri Lankan company or organization.
- A business introduction letter from the applicant’s employer.
- Company registration documents of the sponsoring company.
- A letter from the applicant’s employer stating the purpose of the trip and the duration of the stay.
- A letter of acceptance from a Sri Lankan educational institution.
- Proof of financial support for the duration of the course of study.
- Educational certificates and transcripts.
- A valid employment contract or an offer letter from a Sri Lankan employer.
- Educational certificates and professional qualifications.
- Relevant work experience documents.
- Company registration documents of the sponsoring company.
The application process for a Sri Lanka visa typically involves the following steps:
- Determine the type of visa you need based on the purpose of your visit and your nationality.
- Check the visa requirements and additional documents needed for your visa type and prepare all necessary documents.
- Complete the online visa application form and upload the required documents.
- Pay the visa fee.
- Submit the application and wait for processing.
- If approved, receive the visa via email or collect it from the nearest Sri Lanka embassy or consulate.
- Only travelers from the following, mentioned countries must apply for a Sri Lanka Visa through an embassy or consulate;
|Afghanistan||Cameroon||Republic of the Congo||The Democratic Republic of the Congo|
Sri Lanka Visa Costs
The cost of a Sri Lanka visa varies depending on the type of visa, nationality of the applicant, and duration of stay. Here are some general fee ranges:
- For a stay of up to 30 days, the fee is approximately USD 20 for most nationalities.
- For a stay of up to 90 days, the fee is approximately USD 50 for most nationalities.
- For a stay of up to 30 days, the fee is approximately USD 30 for most nationalities.
- For a stay of up to 90 days, the fee is approximately USD 70 for most nationalities.
- The fee for a transit visa is approximately USD 20 for most nationalities.
Sri Lanka Visa-on-Arrival
Nationals of certain countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and many EU countries, are eligible for a visa on arrival. However, it is recommended to obtain a visa prior to arrival in Sri Lanka to avoid any inconvenience.
Here is an overview of the requirements, procedures, costs, and other important information regarding a Sri Lanka Visa-on-Arrival (VOA):
- The applicant must hold a valid passport with at least six months of validity from the date of entry.
- The applicant must have an onward or return ticket and sufficient funds for the stay in Sri Lanka.
- The applicant must not have a criminal record or be blacklisted by the Sri Lankan authorities.
- The purpose of the visit must be for tourism, business, or transit purposes.
- The applicant must approach the immigration counter upon arrival in Sri Lanka and request a VOA.
- The immigration officer will assess the applicant’s eligibility for the VOA and may ask for additional documentation or information.
- If approved, the immigration officer will stamp the applicant’s passport with the VOA and indicate the validity period of the stay.
- The applicant must exit Sri Lanka before the expiry date of the VOA.
- For more details visit the official website of the Department of Immigration of Sri Lanka.
- The fee for a VOA is SGD 100.
- Payment can be made in cash or by credit card at the immigration counter.
Important points to note
- The VOA is only valid for a single entry into Sri Lanka and a stay of up to 30 days.
- The VOA cannot be extended or converted into any other type of visa.
- The immigration officer reserves the right to reject any application for a VOA without providing a reason.
- The VOA is not available to citizens of certain countries, so it is advisable to check with the Sri Lankan embassy or consulate for visa requirements prior to travel.
Sri Lankan ETA
The Sri Lankan Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is an online visa that allows foreign nationals to enter Sri Lanka for tourism, business, or transit purposes. The ETA is issued by the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka.
Foreign nationals who wish to visit Sri Lanka must apply for an ETA before their arrival in the country. The ETA can be obtained online through the official Sri Lanka ETA website, and the process is simple and straightforward.
Here’s a summary of the requirements, procedures, and costs for obtaining a Sri Lankan ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization):
- Passport with at least six months validity
- Return ticket or onward travel ticket
- Sufficient funds for the duration of stay
- Purpose of the visit (e.g. tourism, business, transit)
- Visit the official Sri Lankan ETA website (www.eta.gov.lk)
- Click on the “Apply” button and fill out the online application form
- Upload a digital passport photo and a scanned copy of your passport information page
- Pay the ETA fee using a credit or debit card
- Receive the ETA approval notice via email (usually within 24 hours)
- Tourist ETA: US$35 for 30 days or US$40 for 60 days (double entry)
- Business ETA: US$40 for 30 days or US$70 for 90 days (double entry)
- Transit ETA: US$20 for up to 2 days
For More Details Visit The Official Website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka.
Must Read Our Other Visa Processes
- Myanmar Visa Application Made Easy in 2023
- How to Apply for a Maldives Visa 2023
- Procedure to get an Israel Visa 2023
- Demystifying the Nepal Visa Process 2023
- Navigating the Laos Visa Application Process 2023
- Lebanon Visa Requirements and Procedures 2023
- The Ins and Outs of Getting a Malaysia Visa 2023
- Mongolia Visa Application 2023
- Understanding the North Korea Visa Process 2023
- Philippines Visa Process 2023
- Process to get a Qatar Visa 2023
- Saudi Arabia Visa Roadmap 2023
- Singapore Visa Requirements 2023
FOR MORE VISIT OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE.