Sweden student visa process 2023– Sweden is one of the most beautiful and expensive countries in the world for educational purposes. But still, most people choose the country due to the government-announced programs. So if you are looking for a study visa for Sweden then you are in a right place. Here we will announce a list of visas available for the candidates. You can apply for the visa by following the given procedure. For this read the article and fill out your visa application.
If you want to start your education in Sweden then you need a student visa for the education. That’s why we have read this article to provide you with a complete guideline for applying for a visa to Sweden. All international candidates who want to start their higher education degree must have a student visa to the country. This visa will provide you permission to stay in Sweden until the expiry of the visa. The candidates have to apply for a residency visa so they have legal permission to stay in the country.
So read the article as everything about the visa is discussed in this article.
Sweden Student Visa Process 2023
- Country: Sweden
- Eligible Nationals: International Students
- Category: Student Visa for Sweden
What is a Residence Permit in Sweden?
The residence permit or Sweden Student visa is a pass in which candidates who come from different parts of the world are allowed to stay in the country and this is the legal permit for the applicants.
The procedure for a Student Visa for Sweden
Some of the steps that applicants have to follow when they apply for the visa are given as;
- Factors involved in Student Visa
- Documents required for Student Visa
- Processing Fee
- Embassy visit
- Interview call
- Online application results
- Language Requirements
- Financial evidence
- Work-Study on Student Visa
- Permit Extension
- Records as are necessary for a permit extension
- Rejection reasons
- Application Process
Each step is briefly explained.
1. Factors involved in Student visas.
The applicants have to follow the following factors that are involved in getting a Student Visa for Sweden;
- Country of origin
- Earlier obtained a residence permit.
- Permanent resident of EU countries.
2. Documents required for Student Visa for Sweden.
You have to submit the following documents when you apply for the Swedish student visa;
- A legal passport with at least two blank pages
- A record with the resolution of visit details
- A document or evidence of receiving to Sweden University
- Evidence of financial incomes
- Medical insurance of at least 30,000 Euros
- Proof that you will leave the country as soon as the visa expires
- Passport-size photographs at most six months.
3. Processing Fee charges.
The candidates have to submit the application fee from the bank account. Or else, or you have to pay the fee from the Swedish Migration Agency or the embassy. The application fee is non-refundable.
- For adults –1500 SEK
- For children –750 SEK.
4. Embassy visit.
The applicants have to visit the embassy if they want to submit their applications. You have to attach all your documents to the application form.
5. Interview call.
The selected candidates will call for an interview. The applicants had to take all the documents when they go for the interview. All the documents must be authorized by the government.
- Online application results.
The applicants will notify by email of their application form.
7. Language Requirements.
The applicants have to submit the English language proficiency test. The applicant can submit the IELTS and TOEFL tests as verification for language proficiency.
- IELTS – 0
- TOEFL iBT – 72
8. Financial Evidence.
All candidates have to provide evidence of spending at least 450 SEK each day. This will help you in giving the residency permit.
You have to provide complete bank details and if you have more than one account you have to show proof of all of your banks.
9. Work-Study on Student Visa.
You have a chance to start part-time work in the country with your education. The Swedish government provides permission to have a job with their studies and allows them for making money. The regular salary as a part-time worker is SEK 700-1000.
10. Permit Extension.
The permit is given to applicants for more than 1 year. If you want to stay in the country you have to apply for an extension of your visa almost six months before the expiry of the visa.
Documents required for a Permit Extension.
- Valid passport
- You must enroll in higher education institutions in Sweden.
- Must have academic excellence
- You must have financial support to stay in the country.
11. Rejection Reasons.
Some of the student visas are rejected by the department due to some reason; some of the reasons are given below;
- Insufficient funds
- Incomplete documents
- Poor communication skills
- Fraud in documents
- Unsatisfactory answers during the time of the interview.
Sweden Student Visa Application Process
To apply for the Sweden student visa you don’t have to worry follow the instruction given below and apply now;
- Visit the official website of the Swedish Migration Agency, or you can also apply from any of the Sweden embassies in your country.
- Now fill out your student visa application form from the official website of the Swedish Migration Agency.
- Enter all the personal information
- Submit all the required documents mentioned in the article.
- The application will take up to 3 to 4 months in processing.
For more details regarding the Swedish Student Visa, check the official link below:
For more visit the official website.