The University Of Montreal Acceptance Rate 2023 is discussed in this article. The University of Montreal is founded in 1878 and is a private research institute of higher education that is situated in the heart of Quebec province of Canada. The university has three faculties as theology, law, and medicine. In 1942, the university moved to Mount Royal and gets the status of a public university in 1967. The university’s main campus is in Mount Royal and is spread over an area of 65 hectares of roads, greenery, and paths. Now the university has 13 faculties and schools that offer students all types of educational degrees as music, humanities, natural science, law, and health. More than 19000 postgraduate and 50000 graduates are enrolled in different programs in the university. If you want to apply for admission universities accept applications from all over the world. In this article, we will give you detail about the acceptance rate, eligibility criteria, and much more. Read the article and apply now.
|Names||The University of Montreal|
|Year of establishment||1878|
|Total international students||10000|
|No. Of campuses||7|
|Costs of living||CAD 3850 (INR 2.37L)|
Top Reasons to Study in the University of Montreal
- The University of Montreal is ranked in the top 100 employers in the country
- The university has different resources such as companies, foundations, and various public and private organizations to grant the students by providing more than 5000 scholarships for students. So you don’t have to worry about the expenses of the university.
- Almost 9000 students from all over the world are enrolled in different courses.
The University of Montreal Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of the university is 57%. The university provides almost half of the students who apply for admission to the university. The applicants have to fill out the application completely so they will get admission as the acceptance rate of the university is not much high.
The University of Montreal Admission Deadlines
If you want to get admission to the university you have to keep in mind the last date for the submission of applications for the graduate and undergraduate programs. The applicants have to submit the application fee ranges around CA$109 – CA$112.
Popular Courses and Fees
The university announces numerous programs as undergraduate and postgraduate for students who are interested in studying at university for higher education. Some of the programs and their fee structure are given as follows:
|Name of the Courses||Average Fees in INR|
|Master of Science in Mathematics and Computational Finance||16.67 L|
|Master of science in pharmaceutical sciences||1538 L|
|Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences||12.52 L|
|Master of Science in Economics||16.67 L|
|Ph.D. in Microbiology and Immunology||6.35 L|
|BA in Sociology||9.49 L|
|Ph.D. in Virology and Immunology||6.35 L|
|Ph.D. in Chemistry||6.35 L|
|MSc in Psychology||16.67 L|
|Bachelor of Science in Chemistry||12.52 L|
The University of Montreal Eligibility Requirements
The applicants who want to take admitted to the university have to qualify the eligibility criteria for any of the programs they have chosen.
The applicant who wants to apply for the undergraduate program has to follow the following given criteria for the university of Montreal.
- Higher Secondary Certificate or All India senior School Certificate
- You require at least 61% in academics for CBSE or ICSE, a minimum of B in academics, and an average of 70% for AISSCE
|English Proficiency Test||Test Scores|
|IELTS Academic||an overall band score of 6.5 or better|
|TOEFL iBT||86 overall with a minimum of 20 in each section|
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of Citizenship
- Course descriptions and syllabi
- Official copies of transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
The applicant must have a four-year undergraduate degree program when they have to apply for the master’s degree program from any of the recognized institutes.
- Applicant must have 55 percent, higher with a minimum standing of Second Class; 7 out of a 10-point scale
- English language requirements as per the program.
- Official academic transcript(s) from all post-secondary higher education institutions
- Official translation of academic transcript(s) (if original transcript is not in English)
- Evidence of degree awarded
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Evidence of Citizenship
- Plan of Study/Personal Statement
- Other accomplishments such as curriculum vitae/resume publications, presentations outline conferences/workshops attended, independent research, volunteer activities, and organization memberships/support
- Writing Sample
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- evidence of name change (if applicable)
If you are not from an English language background then you have to submit the IELTS test that is compulsory for admission to the University of Montreal. The score requirements are as follows:
|Language Proficiency Test||Score Requirements|
The University of Montreal Scholarships
The university provides financial support to all the students who are not eligible to pay their fees and other expenses the university. The university provides financial grants, scholarships, or fellowships. Some of the scholarships are as follows:
|Name of the Scholarship||Awarded Amount in INR|
|Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships||_|
|K.C. Mahindra Scholarships For Post-Graduate Studies Abroad||8,00,000|
|Hani Zeini Scholarship||74,390|
The University of Montreal over 4, 50,000 people worldwide have graduated from the university. Famous graduates followers who are working in fields like medicine, law, physics, and nutrition and comprise Antonine Maillet, Hubert Aquin, Pierre Péladeau, Pauline Marois, Lucille Teasdale, Morris Goodman, Pierre-Elliott Trudeau, Louise Arbour, Denys Arcand, Joanne Liu, Roger Guillemin, Hubert Reeves, Jean Coutu, Kim Thuy, Robert Bourassa, Jacques Parizeau, Paul Gérin-Lajoie and hundreds of others.
FOR MORE VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND APPLY NOW.