UNDP 4YFN Women Innovators Program 2023-24
Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. Today I’m here with another article. UNDP announce a women innovators program for the Arab states. Women are the main source of the family establishment. They work for the betterment of the family and help to grow better. So it is important for women to get an education if they have to grow and establish their families better. Today’s article is about the fellowship program UNDP 4YFN Women Innovators Program 2024. We will give the latest updates about the program so the applicants who want to apply will get confirmed news about the program.
The Women Innovators Programme (WIP) is a corporation between the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in the Arab States and Four Years From Now (4YFN), the start-up stage of the global mobile operators’ association, GSMA. WIP is an internship program for women who are in digital, social impact-oriented startups in Arab states.
The WIP is established in 2021 and from that time they have given 500 hours of mentorship to 50 startups from 16 countries throughout the Arab States. Furthermore, the applicants have had an opportunity to take an initiative with the international investors at an annual Demo Day event, participate in GSMA’s Mobile World Congress and they can seam peer-to-peer and group learning sessions on topics of interest.
Who we’re looking for
The candidates must have to follow the following criteria:
- The female candidates from the Arab are Founders, Co-Founders, or on the Executive Board of the Start-up.
- Startups that offer digital-based solutions including but not limited to: the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Augmented & Virtual Reality, 3D & 4D Printing, Cloud Computing, Big Data, Blockchain, Drone Technology, and Biometrics, E-Commerce.
- The applicants who apply for the innovation program must belong to the market or at the beginning of the market and they are delivering their products in the market.
- Startups are already subsidies to one or more of the sustainable development goals.
- Start-up candidates must be from the following Arab States: Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, the State of Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, & Yemen.
- The applicants must be ready to participate in the full mentorship program.
- Contributors are able to interconnect successfully in English (given the international flora of the counselors).
The students who apply for the program will get a mentorship for approximately 3 months, with a maximum of 10 hours of mentorship during that duration in accumulation to nearly 2 hours of peer-to-peer and group education sittings per month. The program will start in May, with a high-level introduction event and overviews between members and counselors. At the end of the program, a virtual session will be held in which there will be presentations with international investors. The demo day is settled for the participants so they get exposure to the different startups at the event. And there is no guarantee that the participants will get funding on the demo day.
The participants will get a counselor in the following fields and it depends upon the type of startup you have:
- Business planning and strategy
- Pricing and commercial strategy
- Talent and recruitment
- Management and organizational culture
- International expansion
- Product management
- Marketing, storytelling, and public relations
- Fundraising and pitch-perfect
- Financial management
- Technology and Engineering
- Innovation management, intellectual property protection
How to Apply
The applicants who want to apply for the program have to fill out the application form and it is mandatory that your startup must be in the leadership of a female candidate then you will be eligible for the program.
(Founder, Co-Founder, or on the Executive Board).
The applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship and applications are open from Sunday 26 February to Sunday 19 March. The candidates who are selected for the program will be notified and they have to appear for a short interview.
Are you skilled in private enterprise and concerned about being a counselor for the program? Apply through 4YFN here by 15 April.
So this is all about the UNDP-4YFN Women Innovators Program if you are interested and you have started your startup and you need investment or some better business ideas then you have to apply for the life-changing session where you can introduce yourself and people will get information about your innovative ideas.
I hope this article is enough for you to apply for the UNDP-4YFN Women Innovators Program. If you like the articles please share them with others and hopefully, they are looking for such types of opportunities.
See More: African Liberty Writing Fellowship 2024