University of Edinburgh Acceptance Rate 2023
University of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh Acceptance Rate 2023 is discussed in this article. The university is situated in the heart of the Scottish city nicknamed Auld Reekie. The University of Edinburgh is one of the, most respected and prestigious universities in the UK. One of the most brilliant minds in the world has graduated from the university. The university is founded in 1582 and is known as one of the best and known research–oriented institutes that provide new and different courses to all national and international students and they focus on the potential of the students. The university for the last many decades is in the top 50 universities of the world. And for the year 2023, the university is ranked the 15th top university in the world. The university is on the 4th number in the UK best university and currently, more than 13000 international students are enrolled in different programs they provide the facility of different courses and programs for all the students who join the university. The acceptance rate of the university is highly competitive so the applicants have to check the admission details before applying for admission to the university. In this article, we will give you detailed information about the university acceptance rate, admission process, and eligibility criteria for both graduate and undergraduate programs.
|Year of Establishment||1582|
|Number of Campuses||5|
|No. of Students||44,510|
|Acceptance Rate||45% – 50%|
|Class Size||22 Students (Average)|
The University of Edinburgh Acceptance Rate
- The acceptance rate of the university is 45 to 50% which is not difficult to achieve.
- The acceptance rate for the postgraduate program is 48% which means that in the two application that is submitted by the applicants, the application of one student will be accepted by the university. Out of 100 students, 48 will get admission to the world’s best university. The acceptance rate of the university is much better than that most of universities.
- The acceptance rate for the undergraduate degree program is low as compared to the postgraduate degree only 46% of 46 students out of 100 are eligible to apply for admission to the university.
The University of Edinburgh Acceptance Rate for PG
The acceptance rate of the University for the Undergraduate Degree is lower than that of a postgraduate degree. The acceptance rate for the undergraduate degree program is only 46%. The admission criteria for the university are a little fierce and the applicant has to prepare themselves perfectly in different categories if they have to apply for admission to the university.
The University of Edinburgh provides a vast number of programs and research units for all national and international students. The universities have 300+ courses and 180 research-oriented programs for international students. The applicant can apply for admission after selecting the best course from the categories. Then you have to fill out the application form and attach all the documents that are important for the application. The application will be sent directly from the official website and the applicants have to follow the different criteria for both the graduate and post-graduate programs.
Most Competitive Courses
|MSc Applied Linguistics||4.4%|
|PGDE Secondary Education (History)||6.3%|
|MSc Social Psychology||6.8%|
|MSc Developmental Linguistics||6.9%|
|MSc Accounting and Finance||7%|
|MSc English Language||8%|
|MSc Finance and Investment||8.3%|
|PGDE Secondary Education (Physical Education)||8.7%|
|MSc Business Analytics||8.9%|
Admission Requirements for PG
The applicants have to accept the eligibility criteria when they are applying for admission to the university. The applicant must have to submit the language proficiency test. The SOP and LORs are the same for the graduate and undergraduate degree programs. The applicants have to follow some of the criteria for the postgraduate programs are as follows:
- The applicant must have cleared their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in the relevant subject with almost 60% aggregate.
- The applicant must have an English language proficiency test that is valid till the admission process if they belong to a non-English language background. The university accepts the IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- The applicant must have experience in the relevant field for which they have to apply for the admission
- The applicant has to submit the LOR, SOP, etc. with their application form.
The University of Edinburgh Acceptance Rate for UG
The acceptance rate for the undergraduate degree program is 46% which is a little competitive for most of the students. The acceptance rate shows out of 100 students only 46 will get admission to the university. The applicant while applying for admission has to check the acceptance rate of each program separately and apply for admission in only those that have a high acceptance rate.
Most Competitive Courses
|BA Film and Television||7.7%|
|BA Graphic Design||10%|
|BSc Oral Health Sciences||12%|
|BA Interior Design||14%|
|BA Product Design||16%|
|BMUH Music Technology||17%|
Admission Requirements for UG
When you know about the eligibility criteria for the different programs, will help you to fill out the application for admission to the undergraduate programs. The criteria for admission decide to estimate the expertise of students, their social assistance, their aptitude to commence a course, and their thoroughness. Some of the major conditions that the applicants have to keep in mind while applying for the graduate and undergraduate programs are as follows
- For UG programs in Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, applicants must have an 80% aggregate score with 75% in three subjects in class 10+2.
- For UG programs in Science and Engineering, applicants must have 80% overall with 75% in English in class 10+2.
- For UG programs in Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, applicants must have 80% overall with 85% in Chemistry & Biology and 75% in English in class 10+2.
- Undertaking an English proficiency test is obligatory for an international student to demonstrate their capacity of using the language. The university accepts globally recognized tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
English Proficiency Requirements
The applicants must have to check the requirements for the English language proficiency test as this is the most important test for graduates and undergraduates applicants when they have to apply for admission to the University of Edinburgh.
|Tests||Minimum Scores Acceptable|
|IELTS||7.0 with no sub-score less than 6.0|
|TOEFL iBT||100 with no sub-score less than 20|
|C1||185 with no sub-score less than 169|
University of Edinburgh Acceptance Rate Statistics
The acceptance rate of the university in the previous years is given below. The university received applications and the accepted application is given below.
FOR MORE VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND APPLY NOW.