University of Southern California Acceptance Rate 2023
University of Southern California
University of Southern California Acceptance Rate 2023 is discussed in this article. The University of Southern California is one of the most significant research institutes in the world. The university is known for the College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters, the University of Southern California is a global center for international business, technology, and arts. Currently, more than 71,000 students are enrolled in different degree programs. If you want to apply for admission to the university then you have to read the article you will find the detail about the eligibility, admission process, University of Southern California acceptance rate, and more.
|Application Fees||UG: USD 85 (INR 6426) PG: USD 90 (INR 6804.68)|
Why Study at the University Of Southern California?
The university is established in 1880 and was the ancient private research institute in California. It is one of the significant universities that have innovative research work and new innovations for the betterment of mankind. If you need some reasons why you have to study at the university then some of the reasons are as follows:
- The university produces well-known graduates like Macy Gray and Judd Apatow
- They have brilliant education records.
- The university pays extra attention to extracurricular activities and they have won awards for sports.
- The university provides financial assistance to all those students who are in need of support.
- The university provides on-campus residents and the cost of living in the university is very low.
- The university has museums and a library that provide the facility to students of learning about new things.
The University Of Southern California Ranking 2022
The ranking of the University of Southern California is given below in the table.
|QS 2022 World University Ranking||112|
|QS 2022 World University Ranking (USA)||31|
|Times Higher Education (THE) 2022 World University Ranking||63|
|Times Higher Education (THE) 2022 World University Ranking (USA)||28|
|Shanghai Ranking of World Universities 2021||61|
|Wall Street Journal Ranking of Colleges (USA 2022)||19|
|US News College Rankings (USA 2022)||27|
University Of Southern California Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of the university is 16% which is very low and the competition of getting admission to the university is difficult for the students. Almost 70000 students every year apply for admission and few of them get admission. The applicants have to keep in mind the acceptance rate of the university when they apply for admission in the university. As with the low acceptance rate, it is difficult for students who have average marks to get admission to the university. From 100 students only 16 students will get admission according to the acceptance rate.
The University Of Southern California Deadlines
The applicants have to keep in mind the deadlines for the University of Southern California when they have to apply for the graduate and undergraduate degree programs.
|Applications Begin||Last week of November|
|Undergraduate courses||Tentative Deadline- January 15|
|Postgraduates courses||Deadline depends from course to course|
|First Year scholarship application deadline||Tentative Deadline- December 01|
|Transfer students’ admission deadline||Tentative Deadline- February 15 (For some arts and dance courses deadline is December 01)|
Top Courses offered at the University Of Southern California
Some of the most famous courses that are available for students at the University of Southern California are
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Business Administration
- Grad. Cert Business Analyst
- Engineering and Technology
- Life Sciences and Medicines
- Natural Sciences
- Arts and humanities
- Business management
- MBA program
- MSc Applied Data Science
- Ph.D. Data Sciences and Operations
- Ph.D. Accounting
The applicants have to follow the following eligibility criteria when they apply for the graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Grade 11 and 12 examination scores conducted by a recognized educational board (scores vary according to the different courses)
- SAT or ACT scores
- English proficiency test: TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE or Duolingo
- 4-year or 3-year undergraduate degree and Master’s degree from an institution recognized by the University Grant Commission (UGC)
- proven work experience
- Any of the test GRE/ LSAT/ MCAT scores
- English proficiency test: TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE
USC Marshall- Full-time MBA programs
- 4-year undergraduate or a corresponding degree from a credited institute
- Proven work experience
- GMAT scores, GRE scores, and English proficiency test: TOEFL/ IELTS
Score requirements are:
|GRE||Accepted but average not declared|
|Work Experience (Average)||5.25 years|
|Application Deadline||Round 1- 15 Oct 2023 Round 2- 05 January 2023 Round 3- 01 March 2023 Round 4- 15 April 2023|
The applicants have to follow the following process to fill out the application form for the University of Southern California is
- Visit the Common Application website for the admission
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores [avg ACT reading/writing score: 35; avg SAT reasoning score: 750]
- Submit the documents like transcripts, academic records, messages, SOPs, and LORs essentials to succumb as well
- Visit the official website and select the course for which you want to apply
- GRE/GMAT scores along with English proficiency test scores are required
- Degrees, transcripts, LORs, and SOPs are required
- For MBA admissions, the required documents are a little different, therefore, aspiring students should be well aware of the requirements
Cost of Studying
The applicants have to submit the following fee for the different degree programs.
|UG Programs||USD 25758 per year (INR 19.4 Lakhs)|
|PG Programs||USD 25709 per year (INR 20.8 Lakhs)|
|MBA Full Time||USD 64277 per year (INR 48.6 Lakhs)|
Cost of Living
The applicants have to submit the extra expenses when they have to live in the town. These expenses include living expenses, food, transport, and others. The applicants have to manage all the expenses themselves.
|Housing on campus||$10,102 (INR 7.62 Lakhs)|
|Meals||$6,630 (INR 5 Lakhs)|
|Books||$1,200 (INR 90,521)|
|Personal and Miscellaneous||$1,640 (INR 1.23 Lakhs)|
|Transportation||$584 (INR 44,053)|
|Trustee Scholarship (First year- 100 students)||Full Tuition Fees|
|Presidential Scholarship (First year- 200 students)||Half Tuition Fees|
|International Freshman Academic (First year)||Amount varies|
|USC Associates (Academic Excellence- 10 students)||$18,000 (INR 13.58 Lakhs)|
|Deans Scholarship (First year- 100 students, academic)||One-quarter of tuition fees|
|Asia Pacific Alumni Association||Amount varies- Need good academics|
|Mork Family Scholarship (Academic Excellence)||Full Tuition Fees and Living stipend|
International candidates are not able to apply for the USA need-based scholarships. They are able to apply for the merit base scholarship by visiting the official website and submitting the application.
FOR MORE VISIT THE WEBSITE AND APPLY NOW.