University of St Andrews Acceptance Rate 2023
University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews Acceptance Rate 2023 is discussed in this article. The University of St Andrews is among the 100 best universities in the world. And the QS world university ranking 2023 announce the university’s position is on 96 number. The university provides more than 900 courses for students who want to apply for graduation and master’s degree program. The applicant who wants to get a chance of studying at the university has to apply for admission and they have to check the eligibility criteria, last date, procedure, documents, and the acceptance rate of the university.
|Type of University||Public, Research-oriented|
|Number of Undergraduate seats||7,985|
|Number of Postgraduate seats||2,133|
|Number of International students||4,377|
|Average Tuition Fee for International Undergraduate Students||23,787 GBP (INR 23,87,781)|
|Average Tuition Fee for International Postgraduate Students||22,143 GBP (INR 22,22,753)|
|,Graduation Rate||35% (not sure)|
|Application Fees||42.89 GBP|
About the University of St Andrews
8000 undergraduate and 2100 postgraduate students are currently enrolled in different departments. The university is famous for its medicine, philosophy, economics, chemistry, and psychology courses and the admissions are enormously competitive. The applicant must have a competitive cumulative score of 90 in class XII and a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 60%. The students who are non-English language speakers have to submit the English language test that must have 6.0 scores. The university provides quality education to the student that’s why most of the students apply for higher education at the university.
University of St Andrews Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of the university is only 8.35% and it is very difficult for students to get admission to the university if they have average marks in their last year’s degrees. The general calculation provides that around 8 students out of 100 are eligible to get admission to the university. In the last educational year, almost 11000 students apply for admission and only 4500 students get admission applications with an acceptance rate of 42%. From the total number of applying students only 1235 students get admission to the university with an acceptance rate of 11%. The acceptance rate of the university is too low and the competition of getting admission to the university is high. So only students who fulfill the criteria and are on merit are eligible to get admission to the university.
|Acceptance Rate at UG level||41%|
|Acceptance Rate at PG level||54%|
|Academic Calendar||September to May (September – January; February – May)|
|Student: Staff ratio||10:1|
Most Competitive Programs
The most prestigious programs that are available for the applicants in the university are as follows:
- MSc Psychology, 27%
- MSc Economics, 27%
- MSc Money, Banking and Finance, 26%
- MSc Research Methods in Psychology, 38%
- MSc Finance and Economics, 32%
- MSc Health Psychology, 37%
- MSc Sustainable Development and Energy, 23%
- MSc Sustainable Development,24%
- MSc Marine Mammal Science, 26%
University of St Andrews Rankings
The University of St Andrews is one of the oldest universities in Scotland and has won different awards in different fields. The university is of the top-ranked universities in the world. Last year’s ranking of the university provides the ranking detail of the university is as follows:
|QS World University Rankings 2023||#96|
|THE World University Rankings 2022||#201–250th|
|Best Global Universities by US News & World Report 2023||#352|
|Guardian University Guide 2023||#1|
|Times University Guide 2023||#2|
University of St Andrews Application Process
The applicants have to submit the application through the UCAS portal. The applicants have to follow the following steps when they fill out the application form.
- Visit the official website of the university and click the option apply now.
- Then check the courses available and check the requirements
- The applicants have to create an account on the website by entering their email and password.
- The applicant will receive an email or SMS on the number that you have given on the website then enter the code and verify the account. Then fill out the application form by entering your personal data such as gender, name, DOB, and much more.
- Then add all the documents that are important for the application.
- The applicants have to choose the subject and pay the fee for the application. The application fee depends upon the program that you have chosen. The application fee is in the 20 GBP – 26 GBP (INR 2,015- INR 2,620) range.
- The applicants have to submit the fee from any net banking, debit/credit card. Then submit the application and you are eligible to track the application.
The applicants have to submit the following mentioned documents to complete their application form.
- Submit the application from the University Academic Results official website.
- Attach a copy of your entire academic transcript, as well as your diploma and school transcripts.
- Students must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- English test results (IELTS/TOFEL) – All the candidates appear in any of the two English proficiency exams: IELTS or TOFEL.
- Students must submit a certified copy of any formative test they have given—for instance, the SAT and ACT.
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of recommendation
- A certified copy of your passport is required.
- Paperwork about visas – All visa-related documents must be submitted
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
UK Visa Requirements for International Students
After getting admission the applicant has to apply for a visa. Some of the requirements that the applicant has to follow are as follows:
- CAS request form
- CAS number (issued by the university)
- Acceptance Letter
- Copy of deposit payment confirmation
- Academic transcripts
- Financial support proof
- Consent from parent or guardian
- Scores of English language proficiency
- Proof of relationship with parents (for those below the age of 18)
- Tuberculosis test results
University provides a number of scholarships to students who are enrolled in different courses. Some of the scholarships are as follows
|Scholarships Available||Awards||Applicable Course Stream|
|International Undergraduate Scholarship||Rs. 10,14,200||Computers, Science, Business|
|University of St Andrews – Accommodation Award||Rs. 1,55,040||Computers, Science, Business|
|Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme||Rs. 28,62,393||Science|
|Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships||Rs. 20,00,000||Engineering, Science, Humanities + 2 more|
The university is famous for making world-famous graduates. Some of the famous alumni of the university are as follows:
- Prince William, Duke of Cambridge
- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
- Chris Hoy – British Olympian Cyclist
- Ella Woodward – Author
FOR MORE VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE.