Scholarship level: Returning students; First-year students; School level
Closing date(s): 24 March
Tenure: One year
Award for: Athletes
Number offered: Multiple
Value: Up to $7,000 (to be determined by the decision-making panel)
Victoria University of wellington scholarships 2024 is announced by the university to provide financial assistance to the students who join the university. These scholarships are available for all the students who want to study academics and rugby at Te Herenga Waka–Victoria University of Wellington and play for its affiliated rugby club, Old Boys’ University Rugby Football Club (OBURFC). OBURFC is an amalgamation of Wellington College Old Boys RFC and Victoria University of Wellington RFC and is referred to as OBU or Old Boys’ University.
Victoria University is a public research institute that provides both technical and public education to all national and international students. So if you are eligible to apply for the announced scholarship then apply now as you have the best opportunity to start your career in one of the best universities.
Victoria University Scholarships Eligibility Criteria:
The students who want to apply for the Victoria university scholarships 2024 have to follow the following eligibility criteria:
- All international candidates can apply for a scholarship
- Students must join the institute on a merit base such as NCEA Level 2 (or equivalent in another qualification) or a B+ average (GPA of 6) if they are enrolled in any of the degree programs at the Victoria University
- Candidates must have an above regular game aptitude with the possibility to play illustrative rugby at a senior level.
- The students have to select the scholarship program
- Each program has specific criteria so you have to check it on the website
- The students who have all the documents will be accepted by the authority.
The students who want to apply for the scholarship have to submit the following documents that are mandatory for the scholarship application are:
- A personal statement including a brief account of financial hardship if relevant
- Rugby playing CV
- A reference to demonstrate character, rugby ability, and/or performance at school in academic and co-curricular spaces
- Copies of all educational documents (transcripts/degree/certificates)
- Scholarship Application Resume
- Study plan essay for High school degree Applicants
- Abstract of the previous sports event
- Letter of Motivation
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Copies of the undergrad or grad certificates
- Research proposal for doctoral degree candidates
- A copy of a valid passport for at least one year
The university has made a team of University Recreation Wellington staff and OBURFC officials that will check and announce the scholarships. The team will check how many applications they have received for the scholarship and how many of them are on merit and then they enlist the students who are on merit and they need scholarships. The team will make the decision and then they will announce the scholarship-selected students.
Victoria University Scholarship Application Process:
The students who want to apply for the scholarship have to follow some of the basic processes.
- Students who have to fill out the application have to visit the official website of the university.
- Then they have to fill out the application form
- Attach all the documents that are mentioned above so you get the scholarship
- Students have to wait for some time till the announcement of the selected students
- The higher authority will announce the selected students after receiving all the applications for scholarships.
- So visit the official website until the announcement of the selected candidates so you don’t miss the opportunity.
Application Deadline in 2024
The students who want to apply for the scholarship have to submit the application before the deadline. University has announced the deadline for the submission of the application. So submit the application before 24 March 2024. If the application will be submitted after the deadline your application will not be accepted by the department. So make sure you submit the application on time.
Regulations and conditions
- The students who apply for the scholarship must be a sports person or play for the high school in any of the Rugby School
- The students must have to bear the injuries and other issues patiently
- The selected students have a chance to become ambassadors at the Victoria university and wellington university
- The students who get the scholarship have to promote the OBURFC, the OBURFC Academy, and Victoria University to all the communities and societies
- Students must have to join the sports academies
- If they didn’t accept any of the conditions and have contradiction then they are not eligible for the scholarship
- The scholarship is available for only one year
- For the next year, students have to again fill out the application form.
FOR MORE VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND APPLY NOW.