Hi Everyone! Welcome Back to another blog. “Vietnam Visa Process”. This article could provide step-by-step assistance for obtaining a visa to Vietnam. It could cover the various types of visas available, the application requirements, processing time, and fees. Additionally, it could highlight common pitfalls and provide tips for a hassle-free visa application process.
Who must require a Vietnam Visa?
Most foreign nationals, regardless of their purpose of visit, are required to obtain a visa before entering Vietnam. There are only a few exceptions to this rule, such as citizens of certain ASEAN countries and some European countries who are allowed to stay in Vietnam visa-free for a limited period of 14 to 90 days. Those countries include;
- Belarus (visa-free travel for up to 15 days)
- Brunei (visa-free travel for up to 14 days)
- Cambodia (visa-free travel for up to 30 days)
- Chile (visa-free travel for up to 90 days)
- Denmark (visa-free travel for up to 15 days)
- Finland (visa-free travel for up to 15 days)
- France (visa-free travel for up to 15 days)
- Germany (visa-free travel for up to 15 days)
- Indonesia (visa-free travel for up to 30 days)
- Italy (visa-free travel for up to 15 days)
- Japan (visa-free travel for up to 15 days)
- Kyrgyzstan (visa-free travel for up to 30 days)
- Laos (visa-free travel for up to 30 days)
- Malaysia (visa-free travel for up to 30 days)
- Myanmar (visa-free travel for up to 14 days)
- Norway (visa-free travel for up to 15 days)
- Philippines (visa-free travel for up to 21 days)
- Russia (visa-free travel for up to 15 days)
- Singapore (visa-free travel for up to 30 days)
- South Korea (visa-free travel for up to 15 days)
- Spain (visa-free travel for up to 15 days)
- Sweden (visa-free travel for up to 15 days)
- Thailand (visa-free travel for up to 30 days)
- United Kingdom (visa-free travel for up to 15 days)
Different Vietnam Visa Types
Now I will tell you the different types of Vietnam Visas that are mentioned below;
- Vietnam Tourist Visa (DL) issued for tourist and recreational purposes.
- Vietnam Business Visa (DN) is issued to attend a meeting, hold a conference, or for other business-related purposes
- Vietnam Work Visa (DN/LD) issued for work with a Vietnamese company.
- Vietnam Student or Internship Visa (DH) is issued to study in a Vietnamese educational institution or to do an internship.
- Vietnam Diplomatic Visa (NG1 – NG4) is issued for government officials and their accompanying/visiting family members.
- Vietnam Investor Visa (DT) is issued to invest in a business in Vietnam.
- Vietnam Transit Visa is issued for changing planes in a Vietnamese airport.
Documents required for a Vietnam Visa
Now I will tell you about the documents that are required to attach along with the application form to apply for a Vietnam Visa;
- Applicant’s Passport
- Passport Sized Photographs with white background
- Vietnam Visa Application Form
- Vietnam Visa Fee Slip
- Some Other Additional Documents
- Letter of Approval (for Visa on Arrival)
- Entry and Exit Form (for Visa on Arrival)
- Cash to pay the Vietnam visa stamping fee (for Visa on Arrival)
Methods to apply for a Vietnam Visa
There are several methods to apply for a Vietnam visa. Here are some of the most common methods:
- At Embassy
- On Arrival
Applying through an Embassy
- You’ll need to contact the embassy or consulate to schedule an appointment and to find out about any specific requirements for your application.
- It’s also helpful to consult a list of Vietnamese embassies and consulates to find the one nearest to you.
- Once you’ve made your appointment, you’ll need to gather the required documents for your visa application, which may vary depending on your purpose of travel.
- You’ll also need to pay the visa fee at the embassy or consulate.
- After submitting your application, you’ll need to wait for your visa to be processed, and then you can collect your passport and learn about the visa decision.
- If your application is approved, the Vietnam visa will be stamped on your passport and you’ll be able to use it to enter Vietnam.
Note that depending on your country of origin, you may be allowed to submit your documents by mail. Additionally, for certain types of visas, you may also need to obtain a Letter of Approval from the Immigration Department of Vietnam.
Applying Through Online Process
If you are eligible for a Vietnam e-Visa, you can apply for your visa online through the Vietnam Immigration Portal. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Start your online visa application by visiting the Vietnam Immigration Portal
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport and a passport-sized photograph of yourself
- Fill in all of the required information on the online application form
- Pay the Vietnam e-Visa fee of USD 25
- Wait for your visa to be processed, which typically takes up to three working days
- Check the Vietnam Immigration Portal to find out whether your visa has been approved
- If your e-Visa is approved, download and print two copies of the PDF file
Remember that the Vietnam e-Visa is only valid for a single entry and a maximum of 30 days from the intended date of entry. Also, keep in mind that you can only enter Vietnam through designated points of entry.
Getting Vietnam Visa-on-Arrival
If you plan to enter Vietnam via one of its international airports (listed below), you may obtain a Vietnam Visa On Arrival:
- Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City
- Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi
- Danang Airport in Da Nang
- Cat Bi Airport in Hai Phong
- Cam Ranh Airport in Nha Trang
To apply for a Visa On Arrival, you must first obtain an Approval Letter from the Vietnamese Immigration Department, which can be done through a travel agency or visa application agency authorized by the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- You can apply online through the agency’s website by providing your passport information and the port of entry, paying the service fee, and waiting for the request to be processed (usually 2-4 working days).
- Once approved, you will receive the Approval Letter by email, which will also be forwarded to the Immigration Officers at the port of entry.
- When you arrive in Vietnam, you must present the printed Approval Letter along with at least four passport-size photos, a passport, and enough cash to pay the Vietnam Visa On Arrival stamping fee.
- Then reach the Visa On Arrival counters at the airport and apply to have your visa stamped on your passport.
- The Vietnam Visa On Arrival fee is $25 for a single-entry visa and $50 for a multiple-entry visa.
Processing Time Required for a Vietnam Visa
- For eVisa: 3 working days
- For Visa on Arrival: 2 to 4 working days
- For Visa at Embassy: depends upon the embassy
Vietnam Visa Validity
- For single entry: 1 month or 3 months
- For multiple entries: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year
- For temporary residence card: 2 years
- For Investors Visa: 5 years
Vietnam Visa Costs
- For eVisa: USD 25
- For Visa on Arrival:
1- Single-entry, 1 month: USD 25
2- Multiple-entry, 1 month: USD 50
3- Single-entry, 3 months: USD 25
4- Multiple-entry, 3 months: USD 50
5- Multiple-entry, 6 months: USD 95
6- Multiple-entry, 12 months: USD 135
- For Visa at an Embassy: different for different embassies.
Visa Policy for US Nationals
In case you are a citizen of the United States, you will need to obtain a visa before your travel to Vietnam or you can also obtain one on arrival. Fortunately, there are various options for obtaining a Vietnam visa if you are a US citizen.
You can choose to apply for a visa at the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your jurisdiction, such as;
- Vietnam Embassy in Washington DC
- Consulate General of Vietnam in San Francisco
- Consulate General of Vietnam in Houston – Texas
Alternatively, US citizens are also eligible to apply for an eVisa for Vietnam. If you have not obtained a visa beforehand, you can still get one on arrival, as long as you have a pre-obtained Letter of Approval.
For More Details Visit The Official Website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam.
Must Read Our Other Visa Processes
- Myanmar Visa Application Made Easy in 2023
- How to Apply for a Maldives Visa 2023
- Procedure to get an Israel Visa 2023
- Demystifying the Nepal Visa Process 2023
- Navigating the Laos Visa Application Process 2023
- The Turkmenistan Visa Process 2023
- Singapore Visa Requirements 2023
- UAE Visa Application Process 2023
FOR MORE VISIT OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE.