Hi everyone! I hope you are doing great. The climate is one of the most important elements in the life of the people. Due to pollution, the climate of the earth is changing day by day and it is going to be worse in a few years. Most of people are working in the world for the betterment of the earth. Every year lot of organizations held conferences on climate change and people from different countries join these conferences.
International Youth Climate Delegate Program 2023 is announced by the department. The international youth climate delegate program announce that they will select 100 young people for the international climate policy negotiation process and they will select the candidates from the least developed countries, small island developing states Indigenous Peoples, and other minorities from all over the world.
The program will establish by the COP 28 Youth Climate Champion Her Excellency Shamma Al Mazrui, and the YOUNGO and Official Children and Youth Constituency of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change will be the partner in this program.
See More: UN Young Leaders Training Program 2023
The objective of the Youth Climate Delegate Program 2023
The main aims of the programs are as follows:
- You have to confirm that the views and offers of the young people are completely united in global climate policymaking and interchanges.
- They have to develop young skills, capacity, knowledge, and networks, particularly in those countries where the condition of the climate is in danger.
- They have to submit a model for the COP process on youth insertion.
Duration of the Youth Climate Delegate Program 2023
The International Youth Climate Delegate Program 2023 will start from March to December 2023. The schedule for the program is as follows:
- The students can apply for the application from March 15 and will close by 7 April 2023.
- The department has announced a selection committee that will select the shortlisted candidates and they will invite them for an interview on a rolling basis.
- The candidates have to submit a short essay on a climate-related topic specified by the committee.
- The students will call for an interview between mid-to-end April.
- The applicants who are interested in selection for the June SB58 Bonn intercessional have to apply for the early and specify EU travel approval in their application.
- YOUNGO will notify the applicants who are selected at the start of the May and the 100 selected delegates will notify on the next month.
- The program will start from May through December 2023.
Opportunities for Delegates atYouth Climate Delegate Program 2023:
The 100 selected delegates who join the international youth climate change will get the following opportunities:
- They have to follow the UNFCCC intercession process for the whole year; they have to submit the inputs and shared goals from the youth in their country or community.
- Admittance capacity-building chances so they can learn about climate negotiation, talks, and much more.
- You will get more understanding of the COP process and you will find the other climate action activities.
- You will join the 18th conference of youth in UAE ahead of COP 28.
- Join the COP28 at Expo City Dubai, UAE from November 30 to December 12
The delegates will get the above-listed opportunities and a small number of delegates are also eligible to apply to the critical climate change summits in which there will be SB58 UNFCCC Intercessional in June 2023 in Bonn, Germany, the “Pre-COP” in October 2023, and the UN Regional Climate Weeks. The department didn’t announce the selection criteria for the particular delegates it will announce it on its official website.
Eligibility Criteria for Youth Climate Delegate Program 2023
The delegates who want to apply for the program have to follow the following eligibility criteria:
- The age of the applicant must be between 18 to 35 years at the end of 2023.
- The member of SIDS and LDCS will get priority but students from all over the world are eligible to apply. Students from the least developed countries and the minority group are also eligible to apply for the conference.
- Noticeable obligation to and they have experience in climate and sustainability fields in which there are different works but are not limited to education, paid and/or voluntary work, and extracurricular activities.
- The candidates must be preferred who have two years of experience in the fields such as climate, energy, infrastructure, urban development, biodiversity, and nature conservation, food and water systems, health, peace and security, education, humanitarian relief, transport, industry, finance, gender equality, and community engagement, among other areas and they have to mention their experience in their application form.
- The applicants will be preferred who have experience in climate policy-making and can make a plan for COP 28.
- Applicants shouldn’t depend upon the government for their government COP delegation. In some cases, the applicants must be from the youth representatives in their government delegation and they can manage to discuss the issue outside their government.
- The applicants who apply for the conference must not be members of YOUNGO when they apply.
How can you apply ForInternational Youth Climate Delegate Program 2023?
The applications are available on the official website. You have to click on the link given below and fill out the application form. The selected candidates will notify.
For all inquiries, please email email@example.com
See More: WEF Young Leader Program 2024| Apply Now